Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:31:29 AM

Author Topic: Setup Of New Breakout Board  (Read 2265 times)

Setup Of New Breakout Board
« on: October 19, 2012, 01:33:06 PM »
I bought this board here http://www.ebay.com/itm/200763845425?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 and am having some problems trying to set it up to work with mach3 2.0 I have some pictures of all what i have so far. I have X Axis and Z Axis motors turning forward and reverse and stalling sometimes but no Y Axis turning. X Axis and Z Axis Motors also seem to be locked up when you start Mach3 you can't turn the shaft by hand but you can turn the Y Axis motor. Also the X Axis and the Z Axis motors seem to be getting hot when they are not running any code and just sitting there. What is causing the motors to overheat and why does the Y Axis not move? I have more pictures but it won't let me post more than 4. Why is that more problems now not enough with what I have to do?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 01:49:43 PM by johnnyg »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Setup Of New Breakout Board
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 02:03:12 AM »
Check that you have the correct configuration of Ports and Pins in Motor Outputs for your Y Axis.
Unplug your X Axis motor and try it in the Y Axis output.

If you still have no response from your Y Axis then I would suspect that the driver chip for that axis is damaged.

Tweakie.
PEACE
Re: Setup Of New Breakout Board
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 02:19:17 AM »
I have the same package but have not put it into service other than some benchtop testing.

The "HY" cd that comes with this kit has a pdf document on it which tells you how to setup the port pins. It from memory was not as straight forward as numbering from 1 to 8. Have a look for it and this may fix your "Y" axis problem.

The stalling of motors could well be associated with the DIP switch settings on the board adjacent to the heatsink. The above document also has info on where to set these, but you will probably find the best results will come from trial and error

Hope this helps.

Stuart