Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 02:58:06 PM

Author Topic: Changing cut order. plasma  (Read 4803 times)

Changing cut order. plasma
« on: October 16, 2012, 04:28:33 PM »
Trying to cut a circle with 4 holes inside. It cuts 3 inside holes then the perimeter then goes to the last inside hole.   I have cut inside first checked in sheet cam. Thanks.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Changing cut order. plasma
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 05:17:38 PM »
You have to check the cuts when you LET Scam do an auto create.  I never let Scam do the auto thing I check all the layers then select the functions as to inside/outside/nooffsets as I go in the order I want them to cut.

SOUNDS like you have one of the circles set on the wrong layer (same layer as the outside cuts)  Go back and query the object for the layer name.

Just a thought(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 01:27:16 AM »
Thanks. Tinkered with it all evening and never could change the cut order. :(
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 09:01:44 AM »
In SheetCAM select the "Edit Start Points Button" then right click the part and select "Quick Cut Sequence".  A small window opens up showing a number.  Now just click on the start points in the order you want them to cut.

If all entities are on one layer, SC will automatically figure the inside contours and do them first.  I've never seen it mess up there.  Like TP though, I also tend to put different contour methods on different layers.  That just gives you more control.

The other thing that can cause the automatic thing to fail is if the outer contour on the part...and there should only be one...is not a closed contour.  If it's not closed, SC will not see it as an outside contour and will not set the order to cut it last.
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 01:17:29 PM »
Thanks. That did the trick. :)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 01:21:02 PM »
Tom as you progress more into this you will find that a lot stock DXF plasma files can be terrible on the drawing quality and MAY require a lot of work on your behalf to FIX so it cuts correctly.

It is just part of the leraning curve. Best to get your CADwork downpat (;-)

(;-) TP