Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:26:37 PM

Author Topic: Moving off Limit switch  (Read 56892 times)

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
Re: Moving off Limit switch
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2009, 07:35:59 PM »
Yes, you definately cannot directly connect 12V or 24V to your BOB!

You need a transitor inteface. The 12v or 24v triggers the transistor which then directs the BOBs own 5v back to the limit switch pin on the BOB.   Simple, but neccessary.

If the estop is being triggered by the limit switches, then yes, you can indrease the debounce, but if you are still having that problem then it didn't go away.

There may be other things that debounce applies to but one more experienced than I would need to chime in on that.

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2011, 05:05:07 AM »
Hi everyone!

I have the same question as was in the first post of this topic: Is it possible to move off a limit switch without turn on the LIMIT OVERRIDE?

I came up with this problem again, because I don't understand if Mach3 knows that the X++ limit switch is triggered than why doesn't let you to move off the switch in X- direction???
(Limit override is not good because it let you to move in X+ direction as well, so you can easily break the limit switch.)

All in all the feature i would like to have:
If limit switch X++ is triggered, after pressing the RESET button I can move the axis in X- direction (only, and not in X+).
If limit switch X-- is triggered, after pressing the RESET button I can move the axis in X+ direction (only, and not in X-).

Is there a way to implement this feature? Maybe in brain editor?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Offline hhr08

•  27 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2011, 11:32:24 AM »
COUPLE OF QUESTIONS:
1.where within the Mach 3 file system can I locate and review the Default G Codes as they appear in the upper right of the menu screen?
2. have there been any updates to the Mach3 software in the last three to 5 months?
3.how can I manually edit Machine Coord under the Diagnostis menu/screen and
4. under the Offsets menu/screen how can I manually edit the Part offsets?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2011, 12:11:45 PM »
HIYA HHR, you really need to start your own new thread for these questions(;-) Not many people will notice you hidden at the end of this one.

Just a thought,(;-) TP

Offline hhr08

•  27 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2011, 12:15:51 PM »
ok
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2012, 01:54:24 PM »
i'd still like to know the answer to perla's question...