Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:05:16 PM

Author Topic: Wooddark1Jet_2.0.set  (Read 11528 times)

Wooddark1Jet_2.0.set
« on: January 23, 2007, 01:42:02 AM »
Here is my first shot at a screen design. I played with both SC4 and JC. Just thought I'd try JC first.

The wood back ground was made in PSP7. Then I took RealDraw, after watching Benny's video's, and added the insets. I went with a darker wood as I want the pertinent info to be the most noticeable like the DRO's etc, not the visual details surrounding each item like frames. The blue is really just a place holder. I want to make it a complimentary color to the wood background.

The Feed rate slider is there but invisible. Hopefully when someone lets me know how to fix I can get this first page done.

My pages will be simple since I was using CNCPro before.

Mike

ynneb

Re: Wooddark1Jet_2.0.set
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 02:45:56 AM »
Hey there, another designer has come along.
Welcome Mike. It will be fun to watch your process and evolution as you go.
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 02:55:05 PM »
Here it is a little further along.

ynneb

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 07:01:40 PM »
Looking good.
Why dont you upload the .set file, along with the pictures, all zipped, so we cam test out what you have done.

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 09:14:25 PM »
Mike,
Great looking screen! I like the estop how the Estop has an the LED in it, saves on screen real estate. Great idea's cant wait to see it when it's finished.

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 09:19:32 PM »
ooopps forgot, load one of Art's slider images to get the slider to work, when creating your own image follow how Art has his slider in the bitmap folder.
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 09:35:40 PM »
Mike,
Great looking screen! I like the estop how the Estop has an the LED in it, saves on screen real estate. Great idea's cant wait to see it when it's finished.

Thanks. Actually the Estop is just a placeholder for now. It needs a finishing touch. Much of the text is not incorporated into the buttons yet. You can see that Jog Follow does not fit for instance. The buttons under the Gcode window have the text incorporated but it's a bit funky because lining the text vertically is a bit tedious and inaccurate.

Since I'm using JetCam for this project, the slider won't work as Jetcam does not have skinning available, yet. I have a couple sliders. I can import the .set file into Screen4 and put the slider in, but then the .set file gets corrupted. Or was it from SC4 to JetCam. This caused me to have to redo this layout 3 times already. So I'm sticking with just one editor. The slider actual does function, you just cannot see the slider.

All of the buttons to the right of the Jog controls are really just there taking up space. They may end up being better placed. I did realize with playing with the various wizards today that I needed the estimate button and DRO. So the background needs to be updated now. I have a slightly light colored background that my sister likes better, so I'll post that too at some point.

So when I get it a bit more finished I'll happily post the files. The only thing that is done is this one page. So there really is not much to test.

Mike

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 11:49:54 AM »
Here is a version of this screen that I like because it now has subtle LED's inset into the buttons. They may seem too small, but with the entire screen so subdued, they show up nicely. I've left the recesses for the larger LED's just for now as I evaluate it.

I'm still struggling with adding text to the buttons as I've discovered a flaw in the software. If the button I make is the exact size of the opening in the background, the button just disappears. The layer controls won't help either. I literally have to make the button bigger in order for it to not "fall through" the opening. Changing the button size in the screen editor also distorts the text. Thus my issue.

Opinions?

Mike
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 12:10:04 PM by mikep_95133 »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 08:14:23 PM »
Lookin good, lookin good.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 11:05:32 PM »
Thanks!

What do I need to do with my uploaded screen images to make them post cleaner?

Mike