Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:01:22 AM

Author Topic: Wooddark1Jet_2.0.set  (Read 11647 times)

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
Re: Wooddark1Jet_2.0.set
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 11:43:28 PM »
Mike, the images look great!
What are you using to capture them, you might higher the resolution but lower the image size.. some programs allow you to change these independently.

ynneb

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 01:37:22 AM »
Use Irfanview to capture /crop / resize etc. Its a free program. www.irfanview.com
Open irfanview press the letter c on your keyboard and follow the directions to make a screen capture. It will offer you the option to capture just the foreground window open ( Mach)
You can then draog the mouse of the capture and then press Ctrl Y to crop it to your desired size.
Then save it as a jpg %50.
Its only a 800k program but does an amazing ammount for a freebie.
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2007, 12:06:33 PM »
I did a window capture by holding down the Alt key and hitting the PrtScn key. That copies the window image to the clipboard. Then I pasted it into Paint Shop Pro.

Converting it to Jpeg really does save on file size.  I did install IRfan View. We'll see how that does.

Now I need to get on to the other 5 or more screen pages.

Mike

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2007, 10:44:52 AM »
Yesterday I took my latest version of the Wooddark1Jet set and took it downstairs to the mill computer. It only has a 15" monitor. Upstairs the monitor is 19". So basically after bringing in all of my hard work it was turned into a mess. The buttons and dro's were moved from their positions. The labels disappeared altogether. The most interesting artifact was that every singe dro was now a medium/dark gray. They were all set to light blue. No matter what I did they would not go back to blue. So I opened a previous version, and it had blue dro's. So I cut and paste all of the components in the latest screen over to the previous version. Sure enough the gray dro's came over with it. Hmmm. I made sure the background was always in the back. The colors of all other components were never effected.

All of that lead me to finding that I had not been doing the screen background correctly. I had been taking an image, made it 1024 x 768 pixels, pushed it to the back with the layer control. That was my background. Duh. During the cut and paste experiment, the background image kept sliding all over and getting selected, so I deleted it. When I double clicked on the solid black of the real background, it came up with a Control Properties window specifically for that screen. So I added in the image of my wooden back ground and it is now stable and non selectable. But it was also a bit larger. So I had to move eveything into the correct positions. It's so much easier now that the background is not accidentally selectable.

I'm not asking for help as I know our screen editors are not supported. But I was wanting to point out my mistake and consequent experience. Now that I'm back upstairs I need to redo the latest version up here.

BTW I'm doing this all in JetCam.

Mike

PS After setting up the background correctly on the upstairs computer, all of the components were positioned correctly. Has something to do with monitor size. I think I read that somewhere. Even the dro's were still blue :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 10:55:21 AM by mikep_95133 »