Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 06:23:51 PM

Author Topic: hooking up an older spindle relay to mach 3  (Read 3308 times)

hooking up an older spindle relay to mach 3
« on: October 08, 2012, 10:43:00 AM »
Hi there I got an older cnc machine running a dos based program at an auction. It is a D&M mill 4 from a tech school. I am in the middle of updating it to run mach 3.

I have buillt my own cnc router but have not had any expirence with wiring up a spindle to the break out board, or configuring it in mach 3.

The board we are going to use is a Probotix pbx-2 b.o.b. what ports and pins should I use for this?

I have three wires I need to hook up to the bob for the spindle to run. One wire is the max, another wire is the min, and the last wire appears to be a on/off/ direction? I am not really sure because I can't find any schematics for this board.

If anyone can help me get these signal wires hooked up to the pbx-2 board and tell me how to configure mach 3's ports and pins for the spindle I would be very grateful for your expertise.

Also would like to hear from anyone who has the D&M mill 4 cnc setup and how they updated it

Thank You and have a great day.

Alonzo

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: hooking up an older spindle relay to mach 3
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 05:39:23 PM »
Alonzo, I think you would get a lot more input if this was posted in the general discussion board.  I'm guessing the spindle is being driven by a VFD.  If so, what kind of vfd is it? 

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
Re: hooking up an older spindle relay to mach 3
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 06:10:31 PM »
okay thank you. I will repost it over there.