Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 02:55:51 AM

Author Topic: Another newb, another issue...  (Read 11807 times)

Another newb, another issue...
« on: October 07, 2012, 04:44:26 AM »
Ok, I've looked through the videos and read through the manual (skimmed - but I'm pretty technical), got past the estop, then came the home the limit switches all showing activation. Now, no indicators tripped, try to goto home and I get a message saying that I need to "ref all". I do and values start changing in the axis window, meanwhile nothing happens. I have also noticed that when I try to jog(tab to access jog control) all I have is a mpg thing with a feed rate that can't be changed. I can't figure out how to change the jog mode from mpg. I'm using a brand new ez-router that was tested with the computer and software. So much for being able to load a file and hit start lol

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Another newb, another issue...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 05:06:36 AM »
If you click on the jog mode button in the mpg flyout does it go to cont.?

Also, in the attached picture at the bottom is the slow jog feed rate DRO.  Clicik in it, it will change colors, enter a value, HIT ENTER.  Should change colors again and value you entered should stick. 

Brett
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 05:08:52 AM by Chaoticone »
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 09:46:46 AM »
See, I don't have those buttons and options on my jog control popup, I've tried clicking everywhere and nothing changes. All that's there is "MPG", a blank window on the top dial, and the feed rate at the bottom, no value, just blank. As I stated, prior to shipping, they tested my unit with my computer and everything worked. I'll take a screenie shortly
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 10:35:01 AM »

Here you go, this the jog control that pops up when I hit tab. I'm sorry in advance if this has been covered elsewhere, I'm really not trying to hit the ground running and bypass the videos and manual, at this point, I'm just trying to do the initial startup and home my axis.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 11:04:32 AM »
Try loading the stock screens, 1024.set

You're using a custom screen that is either missing some bitmaps, or missing controls that are on the stock screen.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 11:40:30 AM »
I think you should probably talk to ez-router.  I don't mind helping at all but I have no idea how they have things set up.  You have heard the old saying that there is more than one way to skin a cat.  With Mach that is such an understatement.  ;D

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 12:46:38 PM »
Yeah, I put a message through to support last night cause I wasn't sure where to start. I understand the estop needing to be switched in the pins and ports, as sort of a safety feature (I guess), but the tripped condition of the home switches on all 3 axis upon power up when no limit switches are being contacted makes me wonder if I'm missing a step somewhere. I am typically the type that only uses a manual as reference, but in this case, when I'm spending this kind of money (investing is better terms), I don't wanna skip any steps and I want to learn as much as I can about every aspect - both software and hardware, which I fully understand, takes lots of time and trial and error. So all that said, I am really pleased with my purchase, but the "manual" that came with the unit is a DVD with pdf's, broken down into not so informative paragraphs referring to another PDF file (reminds me of a Haynes repair manual - looking for the fuse box, you turn to the section for the fuse and electrical system and you are referred to the interior features section, where they conveniently redirect you to the external electrical and drivetrain section, and then told to check the fluids and quantities section in the routine maintenance section in the front of the book...by this time, you have forgot what you are even looking for).  I'm trying to do it right, just no real order to things.
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 01:02:38 PM »
Got the .1024 loaded, thx. But still no joggy... I'm gonna try calling my guy at ez-Router, hopefully I can get ahold of him today, I have a day job m-f and I need to get this thing running so I can get the bugs in my designs worked out before materials start arriving for the jobs I've landed. I know, wish you had a dollar everytime you read this lol.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 01:13:13 PM »
A note to the wise. DO NOT go changing a lot of things around.  The more your change the more confused you will become will make the trouble shooting harder for the tech to  help you undue all the changes you made BEFORE he can get back to getting it up and running.

They are using special screens and probably routines to make it all work as they intended. They are the only ones that know for sure how it is supposed to be configured.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 01:42:40 PM »
that's what I'm thinking as well.  I got in touch with him, but will have to wait till tomorrow to speak with a tech.  I figured as much, it's the story of my life.  Oh well, now to just reset everything and power back down.  Perhaps next weekend I'll finally get to fire up this thing that cost more than my 2 vehicles combined, that's now been sitting here for a week taking up my whole garage.  Thanks for the help guys, i guess I have a whole day of reading and videos ahead of me, might as well be productive of some level lol.  Thanks for the help, sorry to trouble yall,
Kevin