Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:11:38 AM

Author Topic: Simple Little Button Script  (Read 8273 times)

Simple Little Button Script
« on: September 26, 2012, 04:08:42 PM »
I would like to have a button on my Mach3 screen to select the X axis for jogging.  So with searching here is what I have come up with:

DoOEMButton(276)   Sets jog to continuous
DoOEMButton(185)   Selects X axis for jogging
Code "(X Axis Selected)"  Puts message on screen

I have a ShuttlePro connected, and the buttons are failing, and as a stop gap measure, I would like a way to select an axis, and use the jog wheel on the ShuttlePro.

But my little VB button script does not work - well, I can see the message pop up on the screen, but when I turn the jog wheel on the ShuttlePro, it reverts to the previous axis selected.

Any suggestions for a VB novice?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 04:12:10 PM by zeeway »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Little Button Script
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 04:56:06 PM »
You can't have BOTH methods working at the same time the plugin for the shuttle will overwrite what ever your button selects.

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 09:38:44 PM »
Well, thanks for the explanation.  So, I am guessing it should have worked without the ShuttlePro active...but that is like a catch 22 for me.  Anyway, thanks, again.  Guess I won't beat my head against that brick wall anymore.

Angie

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 04:58:29 AM »
Angie, can't you just have a programmed button on the shuttle pro to choose the X axis?

I'm guessing you already have your buttons mapped out the way you like and you have no more "empty" buttons left to use?

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 06:41:53 AM »
Thanks for the thought, Dave.

My ShuttlePro if failing and I am running out of functioning buttons to reassign.  I could buy another ShuttlePro, but don't like the idea of a device that only lasts two years.

So I was trying to find a way to put the button-push functions on another device while being able to still use the jog wheel of the ShuttlePro which I really like.  If you know of any (simple) write-ups re DIY remote pendant along these lines, I would appreciate your pointing these out.

Angie

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 08:27:37 AM »
As a test I would try disabling the button in the plugin config. THEN trying the screen button.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 09:26:29 AM »
Thanks, TP,

I will give that a go today.

Angie

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 10:36:57 AM »
Thanks for the thought, Dave.

My ShuttlePro if failing and I am running out of functioning buttons to reassign.  I could buy another ShuttlePro, but don't like the idea of a device that only lasts two years.

So I was trying to find a way to put the button-push functions on another device while being able to still use the jog wheel of the ShuttlePro which I really like.  If you know of any (simple) write-ups re DIY remote pendant along these lines, I would appreciate your pointing these out.

Angie

Ah, I see, sorry to hear that. The only DIY pendants that I really have seen are this method of hacking the Shuttle Pro II, (which I believe I've already showed you on the Vectric forum):

http://www.seabreezeparachutes.com/sproject/pendantproject.html

And this simple one:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/general_electronics_discussion/51494-cheap_mpg_cnc_using_optical.html

Good luck to you, my friend,
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 02:20:22 PM »
Ah - you are are that Dave.  Yep, thanks again - you gave me those refs on the Vectric site. On my ShuttlePro, the internal buttons are the ones failing, so I can't use your design for making a remote pendant.   I would have to do one like the "seabreeze" one - but my soldering skills are not that great...but I might try that one yet. 

Angie
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 02:35:56 PM »
As a test I would try disabling the button in the plugin config. THEN trying the screen button.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Well, no joy on that one.  Tried it just now, and it does not work.  Thanks anyway,

Angie