Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:52:08 AM

Author Topic: arc/circle move with R code  (Read 3678 times)

Offline nso

•  36 36
    • View Profile
arc/circle move with R code
« on: September 22, 2012, 01:42:16 AM »
hi everyone
when i use power mill or visual mill any arc move or circle pocket create  whit G01 ....  :-[
i have a few question ?
so i want create g code on  whit R code how can i do and which cam software can  do that?  ???
sorry for my bad English
thanks a lot and best regard

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: arc/circle move with R code
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 04:53:05 AM »
Sounds like your CAM is producing arcs by splitting it up into short straight moves rather than producing arcs.
As for what CAM does arcs then I would imagine nearly all, possibly it is a setting or the type of DXF you are importing that is making your CAM produce the G1's.
Hood

Offline nso

•  36 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 06:18:03 AM »
hi dear hood
thanks for replay . i never ues  dxf file ...always  using catia for drawing and.when i want import  to cam software like power mill or visual mill i chose igs that is all.. :)
omid 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 07:43:01 AM »
Definitely sounds like its a setting in the CAM or possibly the Post Processor that is not set to use Arcs.
Hood

Offline Hal

•  60 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 06:56:13 PM »
Some CAD will output the 2d arc as straight lines from a 3d model. Catia being a high end 3d modeling program maybe the caaause. I have the same issue with Inventor from time to time. It is in the arc conversition between 3d file and 2d surface.

Hal
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 01:18:30 PM »
In Visual Mill, you need to select the Advanced Cut Parameters tab, in there you select the Perform Arc Fitting.  That will convert all curves into arcs that fall withing the fitting tolerance you entered in.