Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:31:37 AM

Author Topic: MACH3 AND MASTERCAM5  (Read 2903 times)

MACH3 AND MASTERCAM5
« on: August 28, 2012, 08:29:28 AM »
HI ALL ,DO MACH3 AND MASTERCAM 5 WORK TOGETHER,ANY PROBLEMS?

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
Re: MACH3 AND MASTERCAM5
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 07:27:27 AM »
HI ALL ,DO MACH3 AND MASTERCAM 5 WORK TOGETHER,ANY PROBLEMS?

I don’t understand what you mean by “work together, any problems?”

Mach3 works together only with LazyCam but will also load a G-Code generated by another program like MastercamX5 and execute this code

MastercamX5 is a CAD / CAM program which will generate the G-Code of your project. Then you can load this code to Mach3 to do the actual cut
Nicolas
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 04:29:28 PM »
thanks for the reply niclos,i have been using bobcadcam and mach3 as post processer, every thing works great.i have a demo of mastercam and noted it did not have mach3 in its system,when checking on the net users were not impressed when mach3 was used as post processer  in v5.I know that it works well with earlier mastercams, i was just trying to get feed back on how to load it into the mastercam post/machine  system.I can get mastercam to generate its g code and then save it to usb and then use my cnc router which has mach3 on it.just checking if others use it,thanks again for reply.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 06:27:51 AM »
net users were not impressed when mach3 was used as post processer

The CAM software generates the code for use by Mach. The Cam software uses a post processor which is for a specifc controller. It must be tailored such that whatever info is provided to the postprocessor  the generated code will be appropriate . Thus Mastercam
needs to provide the correct post processor to address Mach configuration.

RICH

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 04:04:38 PM »
I use mastercam and have tailored one of its post processors to work with Mach, I have no problems with it. I am running a Mach converted Multicam Router.

Brian