Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:27:19 AM

Author Topic: Steppers making noise but shafts not rotating  (Read 49581 times)

Re: Steppers making noise but shafts not rotating
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2013, 09:46:24 PM »
Hi all,

I realise this thread might be pretty much closed, but I am experiencing what might be a similar issue of steppers not moving. However in my case the steppers all make the appropriate noise. What I mean by that is if I run some G-Code through Mach3 without looking at the steppers you would swear everything is working fine. They speed up slow down and make the normal sounds you would normally hear as they follow the GCode. Problem is the  shafts don't turn.

If I turn  the shaft manaully when disconnected they have the appropriate cogging. If I try to turn it whilst in operation it resists and feels like it is trying to move the correct way. (forwards and reverse) but just can't get the shaft moving. I am running 3a 23 steppers with with 24v 3a PSU and board. Whilst the wiring config follows the manufacturers specs I have checked different options in case. i thought I had a dud motor but all four do the same.

I am a complete newbie and this my first attempt at CNC. Any ideas appreicated.

THanks

Offline Bloy

•  158 158
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2013, 05:57:49 AM »
They Work! They Work!

I'll post pictures when it is all up and running. ;D

Where are those pictures? 
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2015, 08:31:53 PM »
Anyone still here? I'm having a similar problem, but my motors only turn one direction. It's not like one of those that turn one direction when you press + or - directions, mine only works one way. For example, the x motor only moves to the right when you press X+ but it doesn't move at all when you press X-. I know my pins are correct and my ports because sometimes X- will move but X+ won't move. Same goes with Y and Z.

Offline CES

•  62 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2017, 05:34:39 PM »
The Motor controller I have is Gecko G540. These controllers have a "PWM" and a "Direction" output for each motor. If any of the connections are incorrect, no motion. If the direction signal is not connected, the motors will only move in one direction. Try running thge motors manually and when you have good settings, your good to go. :)