Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:32:39 PM

Author Topic: Not returning to zero  (Read 16848 times)

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Re: Not returning to zero
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 03:49:11 AM »

OK I'm a dill  ;D  I should be "dropped from a great height and publicly peed upon" as my uncle used to say   ;D   ;D

Forgot to reinstall my licence dat. Now it does not stop at around 980

The gcode window and counter still jumps and at the end it still does not return to Zero.

Offline kookaburra

•  56 56
  • Fussy? Yep! That's Me ;)
    • View Profile
    • Akela Website
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 02:14:10 PM »
Greolt

Can you do us a favor, if it is not returning to Zero, is it because it is what you are reading on the DRO or is your machine physically not returning to Zero. If it is the DRO that you are concerned about, work out your step pulses, is the error + or - 1 step of the commanded destination or is the error greater?

Dave
"A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
"If you think you are under pressure - Try opening a sippy cup on an airoplane - 30,000ft in the air"
Greetings From Down Under
Dave Drain
Akela Noble Technologies Pty. Ltd.

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 01:50:38 AM »
Dave I have refitted a LPT BOB to my mill.  I need it running.  :) 

So I can't really do any testing in the machine now.

I need to get on with my new half built router and hope the Pod is sorted by the time I'm ready for a controller.

I can dry run it (5v and USB only connected) but that may not be a valid test.

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 02:54:41 AM »
Didn't really answer your question did I Dave.   ;D

I was only "air cutting" the roadrunner on my mill, so as the error was only about 0.2mm I didn't notice a physical position error.

Steps away from zero varied from 1 to 80.  on the DRO.

I just tried a "dry run" with only 5v and USB connected and it still does the same thing

Don't know if this is valid without drivers connected. S'pose it would not make a difference but I'll leave that to the experts.   ;D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 02:59:48 AM by Greolt »

Offline kookaburra

•  56 56
  • Fussy? Yep! That's Me ;)
    • View Profile
    • Akela Website
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2007, 02:35:25 PM »
Greolt,

Thanks for clarifying that. The greater the steps/mm or steps/inch the less error you will see. If 1 step moves your maching 0.5mm then you could be out on a commanded position of up to +/- 0.5mm the smaller the movement per step the smaller your error. If you have a whole number in your steps per MM it will also make a difference (better) than if you have a decimal. This whole +/- 1 step is constantly being looked at, we want the pod to be 100% at the end of the Beta period.

Regards

Dave
"A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
"If you think you are under pressure - Try opening a sippy cup on an airoplane - 30,000ft in the air"
Greetings From Down Under
Dave Drain
Akela Noble Technologies Pty. Ltd.