Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:04:47 AM

Author Topic: couple of program quirks.  (Read 6273 times)

couple of program quirks.
« on: January 14, 2007, 05:04:31 PM »
I have two well actually three little quirks about mach3 I cant seem to figure out. the first and most important is for some reason I set the controller to CV mode on the initial settings page. yet every time I start a program it emediately switches to exact stop mode. when I set it back to CV during a tool change and continue the program. it switches right back to exact stop?? any thoughts out there.
next I cant seem to make the" run from here" button work properly for me. Ive wanted to test a program from a particular spot in the program. but when I enter in the line I want the program to start from and hit the button it just starts from the biggining of the program??
lastly for some reason when ever I hit the tab button to use the little jog controller. and then turn it off. for some reason my MDI inputs no longer work until I shut down machh3 and relaunch the program.
any help as usual is apreciated.
 ::)
Re: couple of program quirks.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 05:48:48 PM »
If you want CV Mode look at your code and remove any G61.

When I use Run from here I usually scroll the mouse to the line I want to start from, then click on that line, then click run from here.  works ok!

I have the same problem on my machine with the Jog & MDI line.  Maybe it's a Mach3 Bug??

HTH,
Sid

Hood

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 05:56:45 PM »
Do you have  G61 at the start of your program?

For the Run from Here, you can either click on the code and use the up/down arrows to get where you want to start, or you can enter a line number in the DRO and hit enter on your keyboard. When you then click the run from here button it should run through the code and stop at the line you have chosen, once thats done click the start button and a box should appear asking you to confirm the initial move, click OK, it will move then hit the start again and your program should run.
Hood

edit
Too slow in typing as usual LOL
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 06:05:48 PM »
yeah no g61 in my code. Im sure Ill figure it out.... someday.
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 06:58:18 PM »
woops there was a g61 hidden in there after all. my mistake.
well one down 2 to go.
 :-[
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 09:27:53 PM »
The run form here problem... you need to type in the line number that you would like to start at and press the run from here button... this should do it for you... You need to have a license file to have this work BTW
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 10:45:47 PM »
yeah I have a license. Ill mess with it a bit tomorrow and see if I can get it to work.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 10:57:42 PM »
Have you checked to see if Mach recognizes your licenses file?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 07:37:39 AM »
Im pretty sure that it has. but where exactly do I go in the program to check that.

also another question has popped up.
when I click the verify button to see if Ive lost steps during a run. the machine goes to the home switches and returns to its starting position. then it tells you at the bottom of the screen the amount of error it found. so my question is
1. does mach automaticly correct for this error. or am I supposed to correct it manually by moving the machine the coordinates it gave me for the error and rezeroing my work offset.
2. when it gives me  the error am I suposed to move the distance it gives me. exampl would be (x-.002 y-.003 z.002) or am i supposed to corrrect in the opposite direction. (x.002 y.003 z.002).
chris
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 09:39:02 AM »
It will be all fixed after the homing is done... tells you how far out you were...
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com