Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:58:17 PM

Author Topic: Material Feeder Wizard Suggestions  (Read 15951 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Material Feeder Wizard Suggestions
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2012, 09:10:57 PM »
The Added Beauty is ALL motion CUT and BarFeed is done in Direct G CODE NO CB macro to control motion. So you have FULL machine safetys to rely on. AND you have IMEDIATE STOP if needed. SO far so Good.

(;-) TP

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 08:51:59 AM »
Nice features TP !

The feed mechanism HAS to be within +/- 0.001". Thats why I chose the ballscrew.
  Not sure of the precision achieveable with the roller type feed either. ? ? Could it maintain this tolerance ?

Could two horizontally mounted, vertically opposed feed rollers consistantly and accurately feen a flat group ? It would be EXCELLENT if this would work well WITHOUT having to change feed rolls for each stock OD. Rubber, or urethane covered rolls might be OK but they will be exposed to cutting fluid so they might become slick. Accel and decell is always an issue, especially whith heavier, longer stock.

The reason I wanted to retract the feed screw fully, then feed short parts incrementally was to wear the screw evenly from end to end.
Otherwise, several hundred thousand cycles in one spot ....you know.

I also think I have Mach3 and a PLC working together (in sim) with 1 macro and an OEM trigger. More on that later, maybe.
Thanks T,
Russ

Hey TP,
   After quite some deliberation with my group, it is decided that we must use the clamp and push method with a ballscrew (for precision) as previously described.
The screw will only be about 30" long so it will retract and regrip the material numerous times per stick ... all of which vary in length.
  I have a sample of PLC running with Mach where Mach Feedholds and sends a pulse to the PLC (three pneumatic clamps and the ejector), then PLC sends a pulse to resume Mach ... and so on. This seems to work OK.

What I would like is your FRO's, Tool (part) table as well as a direct length entry DRO for custom cuts.
What's your $ rate ?
Where in the world are ya ?

Thanks,
Russ

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012, 02:43:42 PM »
Hey over,

I did a cut to length and variable length material feeder screen set called "CNC Saw" under finished screens that does alot of what you wanting,
about several years ago now....

scott
fun times
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2012, 03:53:15 PM »
Hi Poppa,
   I saw that project when you posted it. Really nice !

It does have partly what I am needing. My approach is a bit different but I feel sure that thic could be adapted. (with help, of course :) )

I will post a "Step by Step" of what we are wanting a little later.

I am having trouble with the Brain now, it won't seem to load. Any idea ? ? ?

Thanks,
Russ

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2012, 04:07:46 PM »
Russ IF Scott can do what you need please go with him.   IF not then I will help you as much as needed.

I am retired and do not want to compete with people making a living from screenwork, programming,  etc.

I help anyone or small shops with CNC stuff but do NOT compete for business.  It would not be fair.

(;-) TP
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 04:30:51 PM »
Hi TP, thanks for coming back !
What you have is really cool. But, there are several physical parameters that I cannot change.
You have done MOST of what I need.
The main thing that is different is:
     The feed screw is 36" stroke w/ clamp and "End of Matl." sensor.
     Stock lengths are various and unknown.
I'll get a complete breakdown of the desired operation and we can go from there.
Thanks again T,
Russ

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2012, 08:06:30 AM »
Russ IF Scott can do what you need please go with him.   IF not then I will help you as much as needed.

I am retired and do not want to compete with people making a living from screenwork, programming,  etc.

I help anyone or small shops with CNC stuff but do NOT compete for business.  It would not be fair.

I seemed to have inadvertently stepped on a nerve wasn't meaning to Terry.....

Further, I was NOT offering to do his job for pay, was just trying to help the user community, 99.999% of everything I post here.
Is and has been for free to help users, and has been that way for years.

I only charge someone when they want a project done to make income with. If it is for personal non-commercial use,
and IF, I have the time, and the solution is not deeply involved. I usually post a solution for that (or it something I think is cool).

I will bow out of this thread, Terry had it well under control, and I was just adding a 2 cent comment.

P.S. After re-reading what he is saying and wanting to do. I think given some of his critical requirements that M3 can't do, or do well.
I would go with a PLC (with a motion card(s) depending on number of axis). You could spend more money on buying a compatible HMI,
BUT, you could use M3 as a Cheap HMI, that sits on top of the PLC and is just the UI for the PLC over TCP modbus.

Terry, BTW: I STILL want one of your Grinder Wizards......... Please, Please, Please....  :)

Scott

fun times

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2012, 09:03:52 AM »
HIYA SCott no offense here, (;-) I was trying not to step on your toes. You have to make a living at this I do not. I respect all those trying to make a living THESE DAYS(;-) TIMES are tough out there.

AS Scott mentioned WHEN you have to drop back inside Mach3 CB do do the job you are better off going the PLC route as MACH CB is the pitts when trying to make Macros do motion control AND keep them synced together.  YES it can be done in mach CB BUT there is no garrantee that it is trustworthy(;-)

SCOTT I thought I sent you a copy a while back ????  BUT then looking at it all I have is the screenset for it. I can convert it over to a Wizard for you or can send the screenset??  YOUR choice (;-)  Maybe something there that can be of help for you down the road. AND once again you are welcome to anything that I may have on hand or can create for yous guys. I have more to add to the MACH TOOL BOX when I get time.

I was thinking creating a MASTER WIZARD that could use all the current wizards to use for conversational programing to create an entire program BUT that may step on Brian's toes with the NFWs. 

Scott please let me know what form or both? that you want the grinder stuff in.

(;-) TP

« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 09:12:40 AM by BR549 »

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2012, 10:02:09 AM »
grinder screen set or wizard is fine, which ever you have done, and easist to send.

send to my hughesnet email if you would.....

thanks!!  and LOVE your work, it REALLY looks good!!!

Scot
fun times

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2012, 10:09:52 AM »
Scott I sent it to you it is on it's way .

Good Hearing from You, (;-) TP