Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:42:51 AM

Author Topic: y axis changing direction while running g code  (Read 7214 times)

y axis changing direction while running g code
« on: June 16, 2012, 12:01:20 PM »
need a lil help, when running a program and it calls for x32.000 y5.350 the y axis will go there but then it will wander to the other side of the peice. I tried using the manual control and y axis will run positive when the positive button is pushed but when negative is pushed it will still run positive but hitt negative twice and the motor will change to run negative im running mach3 and have 24 volt power a tb6560 controller and 266 sanyo denki steppers ive changed the y stepper thinking it was the motor but still the same problem ive checked all my wiring but every thing is good there, ive even tried slowing the motor down or speeding up but nothing helps
I sure hope one of you can help with some info
Thanks in advance
Doug

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: y axis changing direction while running g code
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 12:59:42 PM »
Sounds like you may have a loose connection on your Dir pin but if you attach your xml I will check your config in case there is an issue in it.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 01:00:48 PM »
ok i can do that
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 01:08:40 PM »
ok im lost how do i send it ?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 01:11:14 PM »
You will need to copy it to your desktop and rename it before the forum will accept it, I suggest you call it hdoug5.xml as that will not have been used before so the forum will accept it.
To attach you use the additional options button on the reply page then browse to your desktop and choose the renamed file.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 01:37:28 PM »
ok here it is
Thanks in advance
Doug

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 02:23:51 PM »
Ok you have attached all the xmls so not sure which one you are using, if in fact you are using any of them. I opened the mill one and it seems to be a default setup but it may well be what you are using.
If it is then dont seen anything that would be likely to cause probs except you may need the Step Pulse and Dir Pulse set a bit higher, try 5, its on motor tuning page.
Hood
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 03:01:36 PM »
im using the mill one, both dir and pulse are on 5--- im thinking my controller may be at fault i sent them a message hopefully they will return with some info
i had a router setup on my screen but it doesnt show in xml for some reason

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 03:08:54 PM »
The xml you attached was at 0 for both step and pulse so it may have been the wrong xml you attached. If you open Mach and lower right you will see the name of the profile you are using, that is the name of the xml you should look for.
Hood
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 03:20:00 PM »
ok i found this in one of the xml folders  i believe this is the last updated one on here i hope this helps