Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:20:52 AM

Author Topic: index sensor help please  (Read 10195 times)

Re: index sensor help please
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 01:46:36 PM »
I tried a inductive prox sensor and got the same results. Index light comes on randomly even with spindle off and erratic rpm.
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 03:52:49 PM »
Hi Vogavt,
   Look in the "Turn" manual.
Only 1 slot is necessary. There is a formula for the required width.
Russ

Offline Vogavt

•  260 260
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 06:39:09 PM »
Well there you have it then. Right there on page 38.
I'd never downloaded the Turn Manual.

Thanks!

Offline Vogavt

•  260 260
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2012, 08:53:21 PM »
Wondering if someone could take a look at another Opto Sensor type. It's the HOA1405-001.  It doesn't require a slot because the IR LED and the Sensor are pointed at an angle to each other so all that's needed is a reflective spot.

I'm just to ignorant to make a definitive call on how the wires go together.

I'm using the cnc4pc c11 board.

My thoughts were as follows but it didn't work.
C - Input Pin on BOB
E & K - Wired together and put on GND of BOB
A - Place 220 Ohm resister prior to connecting to 5V on BOB.

Any advice would be appreciated before I destroy something. I don't want to fry the IR LED nor burn out the Sensor. Also want to make sure I put the Ground wire where it's supposed to go on the c11 as well.

I have been trying to get the c11 board to recognize a signal from both the opto-sensor as well as a magnetic sensor for spindle speed.

I have tried multiple wiring configurations, but only if I thought they were safe and no danger of messing up the c11 board.

I have set Mach in various permutations of debounce numbers, active low, enabled, etc. for both the Input settings and the Spindle setup tab.

I've tried with and without a 4.7K Ohm resistor across the 5V and the Pin 13 wire (just like my probing setup) but can't even get the LED to light up on either Pin 12 or Pin 13 no matter what I do.

Any help would be appreciated.

I just opened a Work Ticket with cnc4PC a few minutes ago so understandably I haven't heard anything back yet.

Thanks,
Vogavt

Offline Vogavt

•  260 260
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2012, 12:02:16 PM »
Got feedback from Arturo. I'm on my own on this one.

:o

I have verified that a proximity switch will in fact invoke the LED for Pin 12 to come on when a magnet passes by its end.
Pin 13 LED or circuitry may now be cremated from my various permutations of wiring.  

Man I hate flailing around like a fish on the sidewalk...

Anyone care to tackle it?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 12:08:41 PM by Vogavt »

Offline Vogavt

•  260 260
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 04:00:06 PM »
Okay, I've managed to bet a pulse from the setup shown in the attachment.. well sorta....

Looking at the dotted burgundy colored line at the top: when I have an 5v LED and a 1K Ohm resistor inline I can visually confirm that the LED pulses when a reflective portion of something passes by. However the LED on the c11 board does not. So I thought maybe the LED and Resistor are pulling too much current and removed it. (as shown in the orange line). Still no LED lighting up on the c11 board.

I tried using low and high settings in Mach3 but didn't get anywhere there. (both with the extra items inline and without).

Should I put a pull-up or pull-down resistor between the Pin 12 and its neighboring 5V terminal?
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2012, 04:12:40 PM »
Welcome to the sidewalk ... it gets lonley here.

From previous experience with CNC4PC boards, the creamation of one pin can affect neighboring ones.
You might try it on a pin that is most assuredly working properly ... if there are any.

Russ

Offline Vogavt

•  260 260
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2012, 08:34:42 AM »
Pin 12 is working with a Proxy Switch. Just can't get it to work with the optical one.