Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:23:35 PM

Author Topic: MACH3 RETROFIT TO A EMCO COMPACT 5  (Read 12085 times)

MACH3 RETROFIT TO A EMCO COMPACT 5
« on: May 22, 2012, 10:36:03 PM »
Hi All......... Jamie Here

I have a emco compact 5 running original software.
I would like to change it to mach3 software, my question is do I need to change any of the hardware in the emco compact5 lathe or will mach3 work with
The current hardware.

Thanks in Advance for any help with this question.
"It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it." Gen. R.E. Lee CSA

The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.
Re: MACH3 RETROFIT TO A EMCO COMPACT 5
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 05:34:35 PM »
I hate to bring up an old topic like this, but I have the Emco Compact 5 PC with WELturn retrofit, and it is working, but will the mentioned conversion work for my machine, or is it just for the stock Compact 5? Thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 05:44:13 PM »
It's a conversion for a stock Compact 5PC
"It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it." Gen. R.E. Lee CSA

The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 12:39:00 AM »
Thanks. And no way I can use this machine that has welturn retrofit to make it use with Mach3? Besides getting all modern hardware - bob, drivers and stepper motors?
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 08:48:31 PM »
I'm not familiar with Welturn, but I have converted my compact 5 to run Mach3. Glad to exchange notes with you. I have the steppers working well, still trying to figure out spindle control at this point.
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 10:18:25 AM »
I wasnt active as I wanted to. In the meantime, I managed to run old Welturn version in LinuxCNC with Samco's help. It ran nicely, but a bit slow for my liking. I replaced all the electronics now, and it has modern steppers, running at 1.2m/min (could achieve more, but I would need to replace the power supply to 60V, over this speed steppers stall with 48V). I am thinking about replacing them also with hybrid steppers with encoders.
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 07:00:03 AM »
I am interested to know if anyone was able to Make the Welturn upgrade to the EMCO 5  lathe work with Mach3 or Mach4??????????