Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:41:44 AM

Author Topic: Motors does not jog correctly, please help.  (Read 2524 times)

Motors does not jog correctly, please help.
« on: May 17, 2012, 06:59:40 AM »
HI

I have retrofitted an Okuma LSN-10. Currently I'm using a Galil 1880 and have Allen Bradley motors and control, the 1394 system. I have the machine perfectly working on Camsoft, but due to the CNCLite system I have, I can not cut thread, nor can I use constant surface machining etc. So i reconfigured it on Mach3.

My problem is that when I jog the lathe the axes moves only positively and when I want to reverse, nothing happens. I checked and rechecked the settings, to no avail. Funny that when I restart in Camsoft everything perfect again.

I would greatly appreciate if someone can assist me or show me in the right way.

Regards

Ruan Basson
South Africa

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: Motors does not jog correctly, please help.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 06:11:41 PM »
Raun,

You will have to configure the plugin to match your AB system.  One thing you can do it fire up Camsoft and then go into a Galil terminal to see what all it sets up on the Galil.  PID values (KP, KI, KD), motor types (MT), etc...  One other important thing to take note is the CN value.  Then configure the plugin to match those values by firing up Mach and going into the terminal to see what the settings did. 

Steve