Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:44:46 AM

Author Topic: Cut circle offsetted??  (Read 6321 times)

Cut circle offsetted??
« on: May 07, 2012, 12:54:05 PM »
Hello

Can anyone help me with this problem:
When I use the Cut circle wizard, its offsetted from centrum, the machine is now in 0,0,0 coordinates but still the circle is offsetted about 5mm on the X-axis?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Cut circle offsetted??
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 04:01:51 PM »
If you attach your xml I will have a look to see if I can find the problem or at least replicate it here.
Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 05:42:16 PM »
Reference the axes to 0.0000 before you use the wizard....?

RICh
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 09:49:57 AM »
i to have the same problem. mach. is ref. at zero dro is o, so the mach knows it is at o and i do everything in inch. in the x center i ended up with the number 125.00 and the cross hairs moved to the center of the circle. on the cut arc wizzard all is good. i tried all of the wizzards pertaining to arcs, circles ect. and it was just the cut circle that does this.
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 11:31:00 PM »
Good news and bad news.  You are not crazy and your computer has not lost its mind.  Pulled up the Cut Circle Wizard and am getting the same results that you experienced.  Plus, some other weird things.  I looked into the Cut Circle set file and determined there is some bad code in it.   Don't know how many mistakes there are, but one jumped out at me.  The code is using the 1/2 of the Diameter minus the tool radius  minus the FinalCutDepth to determine the X center - this is causing the offset being experienced.  The CutDepth should not have any bearing on the center.

Bad news (for me) is I can't hack the code in order to correct it.

As I mentioned, I experienced other problems with that wizard.  My solution (not very elegant) and probably not recommended, was to delete the Cut Circle Wizard from the Wizards file.  I chose that solution so I would not drive myself crazy trying to use it.

Disclaimer - Would not recommend using my solution at home.

Bob@BobsShop

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 05:56:30 AM »
The code is using the 1/2 of the Diameter minus the tool radius  minus the FinalCutDepth to determine the X center - this is causing the offset being experienced. 

The code is correct, it is as follows

XStart = XCenter + (Dia / 2) - ToolRad - FinalCutDepth

You will note that it is the X Start position that is being calculated here, not the X Centre as you were thinking. The X Start is, and should be, X Centre plus Rad of circle minus rad of cutter minus cut depth.

X and Y centres are found by the entries in the DROs for such.

XCenter = GetOEMDRO(1072)
YCenter = GetOEMDRO(1073)

So if you have entered Zero for these the centre of the circle will be zero.

The Circle wizard runs fine for me and produces good code so unless you have a different version of the wizard than I do I dont know where your issues are but it may well be in your config, possibly the IJ mode.

Hood

« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 06:01:04 AM by Hood »
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 06:19:04 AM »
funny thing is that if the config is wrong than it would translate to all functions, yes? called a friend of mine in indiana and told him of the problem so he got on his computer and he to came up with the same thing. don't no what to make of it. unless there was a fix for it some time back.

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 06:57:27 AM »
Agree with Hood - it appears to be an IJ issue. If you set IJ to inc then the offset you're seing is corrected. I changed the wizard code to include a Code "G91.1" and it works as it should regardless of what you have IJ set to in config which is again correct.

Maybe along with the confusion over XStart and XCenter there might be some confusion over what FinalCutDepth is (possibly due to the word depth being used in calculating the pocket path diameter). According to the wizard code it's used not only to do the final finish in Z but ALSO in the X,Y plane i.e. it determines the final skim on the SIDES of the pocket as well as the bottom which to me seems correct.

May be quite wrong of course.

Ian
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 07:04:06 AM »
so you just edit the code in note pad and all is well?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 10:14:23 AM »
Ian means he edited the actual wizard from Operator Menu then Edit Button Scripts, the Load Code button will be flashing in the wizard when you do that and if you click on it you can edit it.

You could also just edit the code that it produces if you wanted but best to edit the wizard as it will be a once only thing.
Hood