Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:08:47 AM

Author Topic: Setting and backing them up  (Read 2395 times)

Setting and backing them up
« on: June 03, 2012, 04:10:03 PM »
I had a bit of a scare to day went to use my mill for the first time in a few mouths and i had a bit of hard time getting the PC to boot up now i didn't care about the PC failing i was scared to hell about the loss of all my settings in Mach and after looking in the system folders i cant pick out what files i need to save to inport in to a fresh PC if all does fail.

So can some one tell me the name or the location of the files i need to save so i dont have to spend hrs writhing it all down or trying to set up every thing out of memory.

Cheers for any any help

Stu

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Setting and backing them up
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 05:07:22 PM »
You need to save the xml for the profile you use, its located in the main Mach3 folder. Also if you have custom macros then save them, same for offsets and tool tables, all three are located in the macro folder then the profile folder. Any brains you have made will need saved, they are in the brains folder. Same for any plugins you use, save them, they are in the plugins folder. If you have a custom screenset save it and its bitmaps and lastly any licence files you have. Mach is called Mach1Lic.dat and the NFS wizards is called Wiz.dat.
Think thats about it.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 05:19:40 PM »
As all ways Hood your there for me and i think you should change you name over to Brains would be better fitting.

Thank you as all ways

Stu

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 06:39:56 PM »
No brains just a reasonable  memory :D
Hood