Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:46:18 PM

Author Topic: Pause Mach3 with miss fire?  (Read 12845 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Pause Mach3 with miss fire?
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 09:23:39 AM »
HIYA IAN, Does that cause a one sec delay in motion??  IF you wait up to 1 sec before motion after the arc starts you may have created a big divot in thin guage metal.
We have the SAME type problem with the slowdown routine for arcs and circle. There is a small delay in motion while the macro runs and makes the cut UGLY.

With Guage metal thinner than 14 we run with NO intentional pause after the arc fires.

THe reason for the 2 step approach with if is IF it sees the signal first test it exits without running the rest of the code. Least time delay. BUT I can see where it may MISS the signal on some systems by asking too soon.

Plasma CAN be a tricky critter.

ALSO some of the THC's plugin WILL "override" anything you try to do. The plugin I run automatically will HALT the system on arc loss or no arc on start.

Thanks (;-)TP

BUT I LIKE the code

DUH, I see where it will start as soon as it sees the signal(;-). The plasma side has lots problems with pauses and delays. I still see MACH3 ignore m3s from time to time AND has delays of motion after the m3 starts. COuld be MACH could be plugins?????  COuld be multiMUXed hardware ????

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 09:32:32 AM by BR549 »

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 10:17:14 AM »
HIYA IAN, Does that cause a one sec delay in motion??  IF you wait up to 1 sec before motion after the arc starts you may have created a big divot in thin guage metal.
We have the SAME type problem with the slowdown routine for arcs and circle. There is a small delay in motion while the macro runs and makes the cut UGLY.

With Guage metal thinner than 14 we run with NO intentional pause after the arc fires.

No it waits UP TO 1 sec FOR the arc to start but continues IMMEDIATELY the arc starts - no delay. (I just read your edit - I think you've got this now)

THe reason for the 2 step approach with if is IF it sees the signal first test it exits without running the rest of the code. Least time delay. BUT I can see where it may MISS the signal on some systems by asking too soon.
Nope - your wrong here Terry. An else is not only the correct way to do it but it's FASTER - you waste time doing the test again when it's not needed. Note my code doesn't even need the else. (EDIT: Mind neither does yours if you used "if NOT isActive" - never explicitly test for equality to true or false - it's not cool  ;))

Plasma CAN be a tricky critter.
I can think of another word than critter - bastard springs to mind!!!

ALSO some of the THC's plugin WILL "override" anything you try to do. The plugin I run automatically will HALT the system on arc loss or no arc on start.
That can NOT be the case here. Any such plugin would just be doing what this is doing so it would just DOUBLE stop things. Remember the OP's problem was that it WASN'T stopping. Unlesshe has a plugin that deliberately continues execution when the arc fails (why?) then this can't happen.

Thanks (;-)TP
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:29:46 AM by stirling »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2012, 11:07:38 AM »
HIYA Ian,

Lets see add that tip into the Mach3 CB notebook

GoodTip #7342

SO when are you going to write a book for us lost souls that cannot program???  I hear the title "Programming Mach3 CB for Dummies" is available.

It would probably be less work for you(;-)

THe plasma process is fairly simple to remember it is getting MACH3 to read the plasma torchs MIND  is the problem. The best cutting is done on a foggy night AFTER 11pm in months that contain the letter "R" while standing on 1 leg and 1 eye closed.

Thanks, (;-) TP
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 11:12:21 AM by BR549 »

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2012, 11:52:26 AM »
I hear the title "Programming Mach3 CB for Dummies" is available.
How about "Zen and the art of camel humping"?  ;D

Ian