Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:47:37 PM

Author Topic: Pause Mach3 with miss fire?  (Read 12844 times)

Pause Mach3 with miss fire?
« on: April 24, 2012, 03:11:57 PM »
Hi,

would it be possible to pause mach3 when the plasma had a misfire? We sometimes cut a lot of holes and afterwards we would see there is a few holes missed because of misfire issues...

Any Ideas? Or is there already something like that in place?

Thanx!

CD

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Pause Mach3 with miss fire?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 03:36:41 PM »
If there is a signal out of the plasma when a misfire occurrs then it would be simple enough. Dont know anything about Plasmas so not sure if that is a standard thing or not?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 03:40:11 PM »
Maybe I can use the Arc Good signal. Whenever a "Good Arc" is established in the machine (current flowing) it close a contact inside for signal purpose. How do I hook up that signal to pause Mach3?
CD

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 03:49:07 PM »
Is ArcGood not a normal signal to Mach? If you had it in on Input 1 to Mach then enabled the option on General Config G Code would not proceed unless the signal was seen. Not sure if that would work properly though as it may just stop all code.
You could use a brain to look at it instead and have other factors such as whether Mach is moving to call a feedhold if its not seen when its meant to.
Terry would be the guy to say as he uses Plasma a lot, I am sure when he sees this thread he will pop in.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 03:52:01 PM »
Thnx, will wait for him!

:D

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 09:06:11 PM »
What type syytem are you using(;-) Candcnc? other?

(;-) TP
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 04:53:52 AM »
We use a local (other) system.

CD

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 10:37:40 AM »
DO you run a THC? What type

IF you are running a THC then you have the things you need to do a Feedhold  on MISFIRE.

IF you do not run a THC then you will have to run a signal (ArcGood) from the plasma unit to Mach3.

THen in your M3 macro you need to add a couple lines of code do check for arcgood before it releases the Macro and MACH3 does any motion.

We can help with the macro code.

(;-) TP
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 02:14:38 PM »
That sounds like it might work!  :)

We use a Hypertherm Plasma Cutter, so we can use the Arc Good Signal. As for the THC , THAT is local! We use TurboNest for nesting/CAM and we have modified it to disable THC with holes with certain diameter... That is where the problem comes in. When we have THC ON (like you said...) it does work, and machine will not move with THC ON because it is not "authorised" to do so. That part does work! However, whenever we cut the smaller holes with THC disabled the torch sometimes misfire and continue moving, and if the operator doesn't see it, Mach keeps on going because it thinks everything is OK.

So now I want to force MACH to stop/pause when we get no current transfer (good arc).

Any help with the M3 code will help, thanks!! I'm not very good with that...

CD

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 09:20:11 PM »
OK what does LOCAL mean for the THC???

What is the input number for the arc good signal?

(;-)TP