Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:14:46 PM

Author Topic: Shuttle Xpress Problem  (Read 31669 times)

Re: Shuttle Xpress Problem
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2008, 04:40:51 PM »
Thanks but, No worries!  I guess that's why you call them plug-INS.

:P

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2008, 04:49:59 PM »
Sid, thanks for posting, may ask how exactly you edited yours to fix the problem? Just deleteing lines of the xml file? Obviously I have no clue about xml files so please bear with me-  :)

Dave

I was too chicken to go straight for the line delete thing.  If you look at the lines of the xml I posted you see that there is either a 0 or a 1 in btewwn brackets (i.e >1<).  I assumed that a 1 meant enabled and a 0 meant Disabled.  So, I just opened up the XML using a text editor, changed the 1 to a 0 saved the file and launched Mach.  Just in case, I would make a copy of your .xml file and put it in a safe place in case you need to revert.

Hopefully that'll do.  Let us know how it pans out!

Good Luck,
Sid

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2008, 05:08:20 PM »
Thanks very much, Sid, I will try this and definitely let you all know if it works. I won't be able to try this until later tomorrow or saturday, but I will report back.

Thanks again!  8)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2008, 06:09:53 PM »
well, I couldn't wait and had to see if this worked and unfortunately I don't have more than one line for the shuttle.  :(

Thanks anyway, I'll keep fooling around with it...

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2011, 12:26:54 PM »
Hello,

I am a newbie forum member and CNC user attempting to set up the Mach3 software prior to receiving my router.

I have just installed the Contour Shuttle Express. Note that I am installing this device without my CNC router as it does not arrive until next week.

I have removed the Contour software and installed the ShuttlePro Plugin. I am following the instructions found here (http://www.machsupport.com/plugins/ShuttleProInstallation.pdf).

After downloading the ShuttlePro plugin, renaming the plugin .m3p file to .dll (the M3plug.exe did not work), and saving it in Mach3, I am attempting to configure the device. Windows Device Manager sees the device and indicates it is working properly. In Mach3, when I select the config plugin section the device is shown with a green check. When I select Config, the resulting window shows the ContourPro, but I have selected Express in the lower right hand area of the window.

Now I have to make some assumptions as the Express model is not shown in the window. I have left the configuration as shown for the Pro model (it is not clear how those config's relate to the Express), selected ok, and am not seeing any indication in the Mach3 screen that any activity occurs when I use any button to select an axis and rotate the center wheel.

Questions: Shouldn't I see a result in the Mach3 axis areas when I use the device even without my router installed? If not, how can I tell if I have configured the device correctly or if it is even working?

Thank you for your time and attention,
vicrider
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2011, 01:57:49 PM »
AHA,

After lots of fiddling I got the thing to work.

1. When I start Mach3, a program evidently is running. the Stop All button must be pressed to allow the Shuttle to work. I am now deciphering which buttons are the active Shuttle Express buttons on the Shuttle Pro diagram in the Config window.

2. On other posts, mention is made of the danger in using the 'Zero All' function for a button assignment. Why is that not recommended?

3. Aside from axis selection, what are the recommended settings for the other two buttons on the Express?

Thanks again,
vicrider