Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 03:01:42 AM

Author Topic: Shuttle Xpress Problem  (Read 31760 times)

Shuttle Xpress Problem
« on: January 04, 2007, 09:56:39 AM »
I just download the shuttle plug-in and cannot get my shuttle xpress working. Is there any instructions available for reading? Can anyone give me a hand? Thank you.
Re: Shuttle Xpress Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 06:38:08 PM »
If you installed the software for the shuttle you will need to take it out :) You need NO software! :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 03:14:05 PM »
Hi,
Art has posted a tutorial that I wrote on how to hook up the Shuttle plugins. Check the Plugin Download section on the main Artsoft page.

Lee
re shuttle pro/ looking for comments
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 10:46:42 PM »
can someoe that owns a shuttle pro tell me how they like or dislike the product thinking about buying a pendant

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 11:04:31 PM »
Hi woffler,

I have the Shuttle Pro and it works fine. It has an inner and outer wheel that allows you to jog continuously or incrementaly. It only controls 1 axis. You can specify the axis.  You can assign the buttons to perform a variety of operations.

I found the Shuttle Pro to be too limiting. I wanted to be able to control the X, Y and Z axis all from the same device. So, I wrote a plugin to use the XBox360 controller. It allows me to use the X, Y, Z and A axis for continuous or incremental. I can specify which axis I want to control.

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 11:16:18 PM »
I jog continuously or incrementally X, Y and Z axis with my Shuttle Pro.  Just one device.

I thought everybody did.   :o

Greg

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 11:37:39 PM »
Hi,
I probably should have stated myself more clearly. You can certainly jog any axis by programming a button to be "Select X axis" , another button to be "Select Y axis" etc. When you push the button it sets the inner and outer wheel to the desired axis.   

My main purpose with my plugin was to be able to control the different axis without having to push the various buttons all the time and also to be able to move diagonally with the thumbsticks.

You may also want to check out the "How To Install" document that I wrote. It is on the plugins page near the Shuttle Pro plugin download.  If you decide to get one, there are a couple on EBay now.

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 01:07:32 AM »
Ahh Yes....Multi axis moves would be nice.   :)

Greg
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 02:44:00 AM »
I think I have exhaustively read every post on the shuttle and I still cannot get mine to work.
I have my buttons responding but cannot get the wheels to do anything.

Also when I toggle shuttle off (from the tab pop out) My axis jumps a few 10 thousands.

Also by toggling shuttle off I cannot use my keys or mouse unless I close and re-open by the tab key.

I keep reading set to inc. and not cont. but I do not see anywhere to select Inc. I can select values of Increment, but the Jog Mode says Cont. or Step, I'm assuming the step is the Inc. being refered to? However when I select shuttle mode it jumps to MPG anyway??

Extremely confused and requesting help...

BTW, I did test the Shuttle with it's software and removed the contour program before introducing it to MACH3, I get prompts saying it's recognized, and text responses for the buttons, just no movement....

Plugin and Mach3 are both most recent versions I could find...

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 03:50:00 AM »
You may have already done this.

Delete the plugin and redownload and reinstall.

Greg

EDIT:  I read your post a little more carefully.  :)

The centre wheel defaults to incremental.  This was changed to be this way after a few of us users requested it.

If you want to use centre wheel as continuous the you need to assign one of the buttons to select continuous/incremental.

My self I can't see the need as the outer wheel already does this.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 03:56:45 AM by Greolt »