Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:50:44 PM

Author Topic: Shuttle Xpress Problem  (Read 31672 times)

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: Shuttle Xpress Problem
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008, 09:11:59 PM »
Installed my shuttle pro today and I'm a bit disappointed as when I set the buttons for the x, y, and z axis, they sometimes "stick" and when I let off the button, it stills goes for a bit but not all the time. In a other words, if I want the table to move just a bit, I push down on the button and let off the button and it will stop but the next time I do it, it will keep going when I let off then stop itself after it travels a bit. It's very inconsistant as well.

Is anyone else experiencing this? It's very un-nerving to say the least as I'd like the table to stop immediately-
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 09:41:36 PM »
That should not be.. What do you have for a machine???

Do you have any other hardware / softwarethat could be slowing the machine down? Also do not install the drivers.

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2008, 09:46:12 PM »
Hi Brian, no sir, I have optimised my machine (microproto dsls 3000) and with a gamepad it works perfectly using keygrabber but thought I'd like the functionality using the Pro. Also, I followed the instuctions to the "T" and did not install the drivers.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2008, 09:56:52 PM »
This weekend I will see if I can get some time to un my router and test the shuttle.. You are the econd one that has reported this but I have not seen it >:(  I will be testing with Rev 3.038 and I will tell you if I find anything.
Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 01:35:41 PM »
Hey Brian,

I recently had to re-config my home switches (i.e. run them in series) to make room for an additional input for my touch probe.

The REF ALL button on the 1024 screenset works perfect (Homes each Axis Individually).  The REF ALL script associated with the Shuttle Plugin refs ALL axis simulataneously.  Is this an easy thing to fix (make the Shuttle Script work the same as the Screenset script).  Is it something I could figure out?  Any pointers?

Thanks,
Sid
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2008, 11:01:04 PM »
Bump
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2008, 02:51:31 PM »
You will need to make a Macro and set that up in the shuttle pro.. that is about the only way I can see to make that work..
Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2008, 03:32:07 PM »
Thank You!
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 10:17:56 PM »
I have a contour shuttle express and run Mach 3 on a DIY router. The shulle express is working but the outer ring is spotty. I can turn the ring a little bit and the axis will move. If I turn it a little more the axis stops. Turn it a little more and the axis moves a little faster. This happen all the way to the outer rings travel limits. I have a tormach mill with the tormach shuttle running tormachs version of mach3 and it works perfectly. I can switch shuttles between the router and the mill and the tormach shuttle acts the same way on the router and the contour shuttle works perfect on the mill. Anyone have any ideas. Everything else seems to work fine except for the outer ring. Thanks in advance.

Barry
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2008, 11:11:51 PM »
Barry,  I have noticed similar 'weirdness' as of late.  I think I may have figured it out but, rather than give you bad advice- could you possibly post you .xml file (you'll need to rename it something like barry.xml to be able to upload to the forum) for the machine you are having the problem with.

I'd like to have a look at it to confirm my theory.

Thanks,
Sid