Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:03:00 PM

Author Topic: Motor tuning window  (Read 2869 times)

Motor tuning window
« on: March 24, 2012, 10:11:20 AM »
I cannot get motor tuning window to show up on winXP pro.  Changing computers on CNC and cannot get anything to show up when I hit the Motor
tuning... Works fine on 3 other computers with XP home...  Can it be something else....

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Motor tuning window
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 05:59:59 PM »
Its not because its XP Pro as I use that on my machines. Do you have the axis enabled in Ports and Pins? Is the driver installed or if using an external device is the device chosen?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 08:08:58 AM »
I took a thumb drive from a running computer, plugged it in and started it from there, to see if it would still be the same.  I was surprised that I still could not get the motor tuning window to appear.  What could have this compaq different than any other unit.???  The parallel port has been enabled etc.. etc...    I have given up and put my old computer back in play and put this unit in the house for a gamer for the Grandkids......

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 09:43:24 AM »
I see this problem come up every now and then, and don't know what causes it. I think the best fix is to try uninstalling and re-installing Mach3.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 12:49:46 PM »
I tried reloading mach3 before I tried from the thumb drive.  I unplugged the parallel cable...  no good.    I checked lpt1 bios... no good with epp, ecp, ibm. etc.....   finally just gave up and used another computer......