Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:53:28 AM

Author Topic: problems after a bo bo  (Read 4469 times)

problems after a bo bo
« on: March 19, 2012, 08:04:48 PM »
helpppppp
i was running under the msm set cutting a circular pocket and had a lock on the z axis losen alowing the spindel to drop deeper into the work till it jamed and tiped the head befor i could hit the kill swich.

cleaned every thing up and checked out the drive and both x and y axis moved normal. happy camper at that. decided to check the mdi out to do a little job and wlow and behold NO MOVEMENT. went back and loded the original just bare moch3 files and no out put to the steppers????

thought i might have done something to mach files so uninstalled and tryed to reinstall barebone mach3 uninstalled every thing i could find with referance to mach3 first

but still no output??  i was getting out put under msm but not mach any ideas what is up and what do i need to do??????

larry
Re: problems after a bo bo
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 09:35:56 PM »
i suppose i should add,
i'm running windows XP, using a C11 BOB from CNC4U on a sieg2x machine, KL-5056 D drivers to KL23-H2100-50-4B steppers currently oly had X & Y axis running.

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 06:48:52 PM »
Have you checked the fuses and breakers?

Cheers
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 06:56:03 PM »
well i'm not sure if there are fuses for the bob or the drivers

i have lights on the bob for power but do not see any on the output ports to the drivers

i have green lights on the drivers

i see the mach3 dros for the axis moving when i press either the keyboard keys or the mpd buttons

i just started to check to see if i am for sure getting output to the cable..

because i had movement befor i started to try to reinstall mach i am kind of confident the BOB is good ... I hope????/

is there some way msm can grab output from mach and keep me off line till i reinstall msm???

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 07:11:56 PM »
Do you have the correct port address set?
Hood
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 07:47:33 PM »
i'm pretty sure i do.

step pin2 dir pin3 port for both 1 for x axis
step pin 4 dir pin5 and port 1 again.

i checked the output at the port and found voltage up and down depending on which dir i entered on the keyboard.,, so i'm guessing i'm getting signals out to the BOB..

i did a restore to an earlyer time on the puter and then reinstalled mach and still no movement on the machine??????
any other ideas??

larry

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 07:51:32 PM »
If the Dir pins are working then you have the correct port address set and its not a Mach problem so must be hardware or wiring issues.
Hood
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 08:13:21 PM »
ok so where do i go to check out the C11 BOB? or could it be the drivers??

what do i do now?

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 01:49:25 AM »
You need a small voltmeter. Beg, borrow or buy one.

Check the power supply into the BoB and the outputs of the BoB for the Step and Dir pins.
Check the power supplies into the power drivers.
Check the eStop/Disable signal line at the drivers.
In short, chase along the whole chain to see where things stop happening.

Be aware that the DROs change in response to the signals going out of the PC. There is NO feedback to/for the DROs. They mean nothing when bug huntng.

Cheers