Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:55:40 AM

Author Topic: GalilInit  (Read 7342 times)

GalilInit
« on: March 13, 2012, 05:31:21 AM »
Hi
I am working on a three axis mill  , am trying  mach3 galil DMC1876 combination .  Spindle I could manage on W axis for 0 10v (had to do some programming on M2 and M3 to stay in CW) output 1 stop start /output2 CW CCW . Now I am experimenting with  slaving Z to Y I have made with notepad  a text file called GalilInit.txt  with GA,,CY  than saved it in to plugin folder restarted mach3 when looking into galil debug file I can’t find any GA,,CY
Can anyone help?
Firuz

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile
Re: GalilInit
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 09:01:22 AM »
You must use Mach3 to set up the axiis slaving, otherwise it will not survive the many resets that happen. Also the
MPG uses the gearing functions, but it checks Mach3 slaving settings and won't overwrite them.
Kenny
Having way too much fun! Something must surely be wrong.
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 11:29:53 AM »
Hi Kenny
Plan is to keep slaved axis invisible for mach (slave axis will not be configured in mach )
Firuz

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 11:34:21 AM »
Sorry, It won't work out that way. Galil commands won't help you here.

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 11:35:32 AM »
Only way that can be made to work is to use a controller with 7 or 8 axes so Mach won't see them.
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 01:15:26 PM »
The controllers I have are 1876  and 1880 with 2xAMP1940  so I can experiment with extra axis .I used Z,Y, GA,,CY as an example for axis and commands .
 Can you tell more about , ore what do I do wrong not getting any commands to controller when using  Galilainit.txt
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 01:25:22 PM »
The controllers I have are 1876  and 1880 with 2xAMP1940  so I can experiment with extra axis .I used Z,Y, GA,,CY as an example for axis and commands .
 Can you tell more about , ore what do I do wrong not getting any commands to controller when using  GalilInit.txt

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 02:05:44 PM »
Galilinit.txt will send the commands upon startup, but they will disappear when the first reset is sent. You would be better served to have them in a downloaded Galil file which is burned into the controllers' memory and started with #AUTO as the first line. That way it will be run after any resets. Please remember what I said previously about MPG and that it uses gearing for its functions. It will stomp on any axis that Mach knows about unless the axis slaving is done within Mach.
Kenny
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 10:17:50 AM »
Hi Kenny
Many thanks for replays .I read prog pref and manual 18xx6  made a small program labeled it #AUTO and  BP to controller . it seems to work perfectly after reset and power up .
Want to try to make homing routine for gentry in plugins ,replacing master axsis homing command in Edit button script with NotifyPlugins(3000)     3000=example  will it work , any suggestions
Firuz

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 12:44:30 PM »
I still think that you are better off slaving the axes in Mach as it already has the ability to do squaring of the gantry when homing. It won't be obvious until you try and use an MPG why this is so important, but it really is. Lots of things can be done in the Galil, but in this case, I would let Mach do its thing. There are lots of people using slaved axes and the plugin successfully.
Kenny