Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:01:40 PM

Author Topic: Tool table DRO´s  (Read 4240 times)

Tool table DRO´s
« on: March 08, 2012, 05:45:31 PM »
hi everyone,

i need to make my own tool table with certain special tool image thumbnails and
geometry dro´s

is it possible to have, lets say, "g41d..." read the "d"-word value (dia)
from a user-dro instead from the ordinary tool table?

js

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Tool table DRO´s
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 07:22:21 PM »
Well it probably is possible IF you go all the way around the MOON to get there but why?  You willl gain nothing in the exersize(;-)

The G41 can only use the D word to get the Tool# diam values OR the Pword to use an assigned diam value.  The diameter is going to be the same if you use the tool table or a special MOON version of a table.

And you will tie up cpu time keeping the Moon table active.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 09:35:48 AM »
well,
its tricky to explain why i would need this (even in swedish!)

i use mach3 on a stone working cnc machine for cutting out and polishing of sink/bowl holes.

the tools are quite soft (diamond resin bond/silicon carbide). normaly, the cutting out
on a 30 mm thick granite/hard marble slab part requires about 120 passes with the first tool; a 20 mm diamond mill (feedrate 6-8000 mm/min, 0,25 increment per pass).
the diameter doesnt change much troghout the lifespan because the wear is just on the first 0,25 mm of the tip, and there will just be a minor constant bevel.

the problem/challenge comes with the stock removal, grinding, polishing and buffing tools wich often wears out (very unpredictable) several tenth of a mm/pass
depending on material hardnes, tool brand/quality etc.

a complete sink hole polishing includes about 8 tools in total

as the tool diameter changes (wears=get smaller), the polishing pressure decreases, so therefore i have to open up tool table and update the diam m-a-n-y times per work session.
its also impossible to predict how much stock/material each tool actually removes from time to time. sometimes the hole end up being 0,5 - 1 mm wider than it was drawn.
again, a lot of variables are included; water amount/temperature (tool runs wet), stock impurities, partial glazing of diamond grits etc etc.

sometimes when i have cut a hole and run the first polishing tool everything seem fine, but the next tool might barely touch the edge because the previous tool took away
too much (we are talking 0,05 - 0,08 mm´s), ok...open the tool table and "make" the current tool a little smaller thus increasing the pressure/increment, AND, i have too update
all the remaining tools as well, othervise they will all run in the air

this is why it would be so nice to have some sort of easy accessable on-screen tooltable and instant tool geometry updating.

as i mentioned,
this is hard to describe in english, hope you see what i mean

js

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 10:44:56 AM »
Why not just use G10L1 to update the tool table on-the-fly?

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 11:35:06 AM »
um,

i can understand how that would work for a straight line,
but not how to to implement into inside contouring...?

heres a simple sketch of the polishing process;

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 11:29:42 AM »
jipeess

Have You solved the problem?