Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:15:49 PM

Author Topic: Use of tools in a turret?  (Read 20084 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Use of tools in a turret?
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2012, 09:25:51 AM »
I will have to think about the drill setting in a bit as I seem to recall something funny as well.
Make sure all tools in the tool table are set to Front or Rear but not a mixture, if you have a mix it screws everything up. The Front/Rear option is one of the many annoying things in Turn that dont work correctly and to my thinking it should at least be changed so that you cant have that option if it is not going to be fixed.
Another thing that should be changed regards the tool table is the number of offsets changed to only 99. These are minor things but all add to the confusion.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2012, 09:33:53 AM »
Ok just thought about it and yes it is the full drill dia because of course we are working in Dia mode so cross slide only moves half of commanded distance.
Big dope slap for Hood ;D
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2012, 09:35:49 AM »
BTW if I was you I would make sure you have at the very least commented out the M6End macro so that it has no effect on things. I would also comment out any VB in the M6Start that moves any axis or records any positional DROs for an axis. That will hopefully eliminate the macros being your problem.
Hood

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2012, 10:02:28 AM »
Glad to get the clarification on the drill bit set up. That was not how I would have thought it worked either.
You might have been the 1 who mentioned that M6End wasnt needed and could possibly cause issues. I deleted all of the M6End files/macros in that computer. My understanding of the language in dealing with VB is less than what I know here, as if that isnt scary. Do you think I just like to challenge myself? I will look at the macro and see if there is anything blatantly obvious.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2012, 10:20:29 AM »
tool setting of yours and Rich's it seems like there were a few techniques

Actually they are all basically the same. Mach keeps track of the current tool movements. In the write up you use a known standard to define the tool location where as Hoods description uses a machined surface to create the standard and define the tool location. To populate the tool table Mach needs one tool location defined so it can relate  any others that you want to define.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Luppie the hotel attendant,  drives up to the empty parking lot, gives  his  a numbered ticket to  Mr.Lot.  Lot says to Luppie, drive around to find a parking spot / go in circles / back up / go forward, don't much care what you do..........but .......make sure you Beep your horn so we know what spot your in.

Luppie goes back to the hotel and picks up another car, here's a numbered ticket Mr. Lot. Lot looks at the ticket and makes note that the ticket is has a diffferent ticket number. Lot says to Luppie, drive around to find a parking spot / go in circles / back up / go forward, don't much care what you do..........but .......make sure you Beep your horn just as you did before so we know what spot your in.

Luppie goes back to the hotel and again picks up another car, here's a numbered ticket Mr. Lot. Lot looks at the ticket and makes note that the ticket is has a diffferent ticket number. Lot says to Luppie, drive around to find a parking spot / go in circles / back up / go forward, don't much care what you do..........but .......make sure you Beep your horn just as you did before so we know what spot your in.

The  tool ( ticket) , Mach keeps track of the tool (car), can move as you wish, Beep ( consistant way of defineing the tool location to Mach).

RICH

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2012, 11:54:57 AM »
Rich, I love the analogy, sorry you had to dumb it down so much. Unfortunately it srtill isnt going as planned. I am now cleaning off any and all other programs and reinstalling Mach. This computer is never going online and being dedicated to the lathe. There are plenty of extras that dont need to be here. I just have to rule out all possiblities. I hate wasting your time when it could be a set up conflict or something. Better to just start over.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2012, 11:31:31 PM »
I was successful in cleaning up the computer and reinstalling Mach, SS plug in, and rebuild my profile instead of import the old one. It seems to be working much better in general. though I havent really havent had time to figure out this tool thing. All tools now approach at the same speed! No idea what that was about but I was sure it wasnt right. I really need to reread some of the Mach manual (all of it most likely LOL) as there are some settings on the gen config page dealing with axis dro properties that may not be right.

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2012, 09:27:52 PM »
I just want to say a big thanks to Rich (not trying to offend you Hood as you both save me more than I can ever repay). However after repeated attempts to understand and implement a successful retouch of the called tool to the area I desired, I wasnt getting it. Rich called me and after telling me where Lupe parked his car on the middle of the football field, I got it! I dont know how but it worked. I presently have 3 tool in the turret all going where I tell them, when I tell them. Cool.  I will definitely have to practice resetting it a few times to confirm my understanding. Rich you now know how frustrated my teachers must have been! A big thanks to you and everyone else who tried. What a wonderful resource.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2012, 06:43:35 AM »
BTW, Luppie was a friend in Corpus Christi , Texas..... ;)
RICH

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Use of tools in a turret?
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2012, 08:25:22 AM »
I wasn't going to correct you though the spelling error bothered me from the first story. Lupe is a common Latin name, not Luppie. Does Delaware have many Lupe's or Luppie's? I don't know how you found where your tools were. ;-)