Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:27:49 AM

Author Topic: Plasma Z axis raises when torch is fired  (Read 9294 times)

Plasma Z axis raises when torch is fired
« on: February 07, 2012, 06:27:41 AM »
I have a PlasmaRout table with a MP3000 torch height control.  It has a floating head on the torch.  I have set my offset distance in my postprosser and it looks good.  The problem I am having is the torch goes down makes the switch raises and rezeros.  It then moves to the pierce height but when the torch triggers it raises again then drops to the cut height.  Is this a setting in Sheetcam, if it is I can not find it in the G_Code, or a Mach setting?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Plasma Z axis raises when torch is fired
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 11:14:49 AM »

Check with TOM  over at CandCNC. He is the gee wiz for that system.

(;-)TP

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 11:54:07 AM »
Checked with CANDCNC they had me disable the stop on fault setting in the cut profile.  It did not work.  The torch will raise .5 when I press the torch on button where is this setting at I think it might be trying to do this while running the G code.

Sorry of the double post thought this one was on another forum

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 01:12:49 PM »
There is no setting as such. It sounds to me like your THC is responding to the arc voltage at fire-up and moving the axis BEFORE you've actually pierced.

Question to self: why am I trouble shooting CandCNC's products when I'm about to release my own THC - which I'll support and not expect CandCNC to do it?  >:D

Ian

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 08:41:22 PM »
MAy need to increase the thc delay to allow more time for the pierce before the thc kicks in. It sounds as thought the THC is reacting as soon as the arc strikes then as it pierces it moves down to compensate.

Just a thought, (;-)TP

Answer to IAN, Probably because you are NOT yet swamped with folks that WON't read the manuals?????  Just a guess (;-)

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 12:46:31 AM »
While working on this I found that my ARC OK light is on if I turn the torch on even if i have my plasma turned off.  I am using the dry arc ok contacts but was using a current transformer before.  Is there a way that this could be causing my problem?  Eather way is there something I have to do to change the input from the CT to the contacts.  I know it should not be on without the CT connected but it is.

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 04:23:20 AM »
Answer to IAN, Probably because you are NOT yet swamped with folks that WON't read the manuals?????  Just a guess (;-)
LOL - you know what Terry - I reckon you're probably right!  ;D I guess I've got that coming.

Ian

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 05:15:24 AM »

Question to self: why am I trouble shooting CandCNC's products when I'm about to release my own THC - which I'll support and not expect  CandCNC to do it?  >:D

Ian

Or Mach forum ;)

Hood

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 05:39:39 AM »
Wouldn't dream of it Hood - who would do such a thing?  ;)

Ian

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 05:45:06 AM »
;D