Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:28:11 PM

Author Topic: set up for hot wire foam cutting please  (Read 16508 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: set up for hot wire foam cutting please
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2012, 06:54:09 AM »
TB drives can work ok or not, they can be poor quality or slightly better quality and I believe they require a wider pulse and of 5v rather than 3.3v.

Jog keys jog an axis and thats all.
Hood
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2012, 07:40:38 PM »
hi can anybody help if my carrages are say 300mm away from the home switches they return slow then speed up just before the home switches and hit a little to hard how do i adjust them and reverse them so they return faster them slow down before they touch the home switches

many thanks mark

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2012, 05:08:13 AM »
How are you sending home? Is it a button or is it a G28.1from code or?  If a button what is the code in the button?

Hood
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2012, 04:18:51 PM »
hi hood hope you are well

i am using g28 to move away from home switches to a comfortable area ie center of rails  now i hit ref all home on program run screen

i can cut retangles now but getting stuck on ribs i am not sure if i am using the wrong type of line to draw

hood if you get a chance could you please look at this file it is for a wing section but when i load it it look fine on screen but the 4 axis hot wire machine makes it off set ie where the wing spars would the back of the wing section drops by about 6-8 mm top and bottom

cheers mate          marky

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2012, 12:35:52 PM »
hi all thanks for all help recieved

i have found if i switch off the backlash  my machine cuts the right shape ie a wing profile but now the garrages go to home switches but do not come back off of them

i have looked at the soft max, soft min,slow zone and home off to sort out my problem lol to be honest i dont know what to look for or do

may thanks marky
STEPPER MOTOR STALLING
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2012, 12:51:39 PM »
i got a questioN.

why my cnc router when is cutting the motor is ramdon stop moving, especially in arc , curve sometimes lines too, IS THIS A STALLING?

MY SET UP 

nema 34 motor

microstepping current set  peak 5.7 amp   rms = 4.0 amp

micros stepping  set  1600 = 1/8

lead screw is 10 tpi

motor tunning 

step per      velocity inch or mm p min   acceleration inch or mm/sec
16000               40                                        10

by the way i got one power supply for each stepper motor
 power supply information

( 3 POWER SUPPLIES ) =
 48V  7.5A  360W DC Regulated Switching Power Supply

I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME THANKS

DO YOU KNOW IT THE COMPUTER PARALLEL PORT  HAS TO BE 3.3 VOLT OR 5.0 VOLT BEACUSE MINE HAS 3.3 VOLT OUT