Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:43:23 AM

Author Topic: NO MACH3 contact to my GECKO G540 controller- Configuring problem  (Read 3862 times)

Offline snark

•  15 15
    • View Profile
My MACH3 system was running fine under Windows7. It was a Desktop system configured with one Port supporting my Sherline Mill and the other Port supporting my Sherline Lathe. Do to hardware failures I had to replace the mother board. Since installing the new mother board; I have been unable to contact the G540 controller through the Parallel Port. Neither old nor new Mother board provided any Parallel Port support. So, for Parallel port support I have been using PCI cards I bought from CNC4PC and they worked fine. After installing new Mother board nothing works in an attempt to solve the problem, I bought new PCI Parallel Port cards and replaced the ones I had. Still no luck.

Then it was pointed out to me today that the port was defined as LPT3. I had assumed that PORT 1 and PORT2 terms in the MACH configuration were generic terms and if the HEX address was correct then things would work. Things don’t work. I am attaching a
jpg copy of the expanded device table. Can anyone tell me how to make the ports consistent either in MACH3 or windows 7? Also is hex A010 the correct address.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: NO MACH3 contact to my GECKO G540 controller- Configuring problem
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 07:24:24 PM »
LPT* reported by windows doesnt matter like you suspected, its just the address that has to be correct. Do you have A010 entered for the port?
Hood

Offline snark

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 03:59:46 AM »
Yes I have a010 hex, all motor outputs are set to drive & step port 1, the parallel port is a msa9865 with the latest driver. I still get no responce how can I complete replace all the MACH3 code short of reinstalling winnows 7. If I were to rename the MACH3 folder and reinstall would that get it. Prior to this problem I had several crashes which caused the system to lock up and I had to reboot to get out of it. Maybe I clobbered something and my reinstall efforts have misse4d it.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 08:46:27 AM »
Just deleting the mach folder and also the driver in device manager should be enough to wipe out Mach.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 08:47:41 AM »
You are using W7 32 bit I presume?
Hood

Offline snark

•  15 15
    • View Profile