Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:15:09 PM

Author Topic: Perske Spindle - Can Mach3 control one of these?  (Read 5903 times)

Perske Spindle - Can Mach3 control one of these?
« on: January 17, 2012, 11:06:55 AM »
 I've searched this forum and the manual and haven't been able to find an understandable answer to help with setting up Mach3 to control my spindle. That doesn't mean it's not out there, I just need to be able to understand it. I've made all of the suggested setting changes that I can find. I can get the Output#1 to light up on the Diagnostics Page but I'm not able to get any control of the spindle yet.

I have a Perske 3 phase 3 HP spindle that is powered through a MagnaTek GPD333 control and I would like to be able to control speed and CW CCW rotation of my spindle through Mach. I'm including a photo of the motor control if that helps. Is there anyone that can help me with this?

Thanks for the support!

Bingart

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Perske Spindle - Can Mach3 control one of these?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 05:59:38 PM »
Hey Bingart, it is deffinatley doable I think.  I have sent you a personal message.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 07:17:41 PM »
Hi Brett,
  Thanks a million for the help. Here's what I have for documentation. I hope this helps. I'll be posting more as I can get it.

Bingart
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 07:39:07 PM »
Hi Brett,
  Here's some more info. I found a link to a Perske Router motor.      http://www.crpperske.com/pdf/CRP-063_PerskeMotorBrochure_F.PDF

If you look at the photos that I uploaded it appears to be a VS 50/60 motor. Take a look and see what you think.

Thanks again,

Bingart
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 07:50:20 PM »
There is no mention of whether the VFD will operate on 1 ph, if this is what you intended, if operating on 220v power then the motor should be wired in Delta configuration.
The manual shows 0-10v analogue input, so if using Mach you would need a PWM to analogue conversion.
Nosmo.
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 08:28:27 PM »
Hi Brett,
  I'm back from vacation and was wondering if you had been able to look over the info that I sent you. Please let me know. Thanks,

Bingart

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 08:49:38 PM »
Sorry Bingart, I just got to look through the manuals briefly this evening.  How are you coming along? 

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 09:07:30 PM »
I'm just about there. I just purchased my license today and ran the router through an entire cutting job without turning on the router. I'm waiting on some new bits and a new collet before I actually do any cutting. I checked all of the vacuums today and everything is working just fine. If you can tell me if there is a way to reprogram the GDP 333 drive to a higher Hz that would help too! It will currently only allow me to go to 300 Hz and from what I'm told that is about 18,000 rpm and I have some bits on order that are recommended to go up to 21,000 rpm. I really appreciate your help on this!!!!

Bingart
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 07:54:08 PM »
Brett, Did you try calling me earlier? If so, sorry I missed your call I was over at the table doing some final prep for cutting in the morning. I'll be around the rest of the evening if you want to try calling me again.

Thanks,

Bingart

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 04:57:53 AM »
Just looked at the manual and parameter no- 02 sets the Max frequency.
Hood