Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:21:59 AM

Author Topic: smooth stepper and C32 BOB  (Read 6838 times)

smooth stepper and C32 BOB
« on: December 30, 2011, 10:49:34 PM »
Hi Guys,

I am finishing a retrofit of my 1980 Matsuura MC710V.  I am using a smooth stepper connected to a C32 BOB, and connected to that is 3 Viper 200's.

Here is where I am at and lost at the same time.  I have the smooth stepper working, green LED is on, Blue is on, Red flashes fast on the SS.  I have communication with the SS on my computer, but is there a list of the correct port and pin configurations?  Hopefully someone has used this setup besides me!

If anyone has the pin / port numbers for setting this stuff up it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Andy  

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
Re: smooth stepper and C32 BOB
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 12:30:09 AM »
You are the only one that knows how you wired your machine up. Which Port&Pin did you wire the X-axis step signal to on the BOB? Now plug that information into your Ports&Pins in Mach. What Port&Pin on your BOB did you wires the X-axis direction signal to? Now plug that into Mach. That is the basic idea.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 05:17:43 AM »
Hi Guys,
............................... I am using a smooth stepper connected to a C32 BOB........................Hopefully someone has used this setup besides me!.......................

Hi there I don't have the Vipers but the C32 BOB and SS setup I do have, and as Jeff suggested you are the only one who knows what Ports & Pins configuration you have selected.

But regarding the two boards once you connect them via on board connections blocks and then power the boards correctly, it's just a matter of selecting which pin no and from what port etc....but you must also have the seccond port selected in  Mach too.

The SS shouldn't make any difference or physically alter your Ports & Pins settings as the SS simply put just replaces the Parallel Port only.

In your post you suggested that the LED on the SS board are bascially doing what their supposed to do and in the correct sequence of events and once the SS red LED flashes fast that shows that the Firmware is correct and Mach is definitely communicating with the SS.

A suggestion here is to have a closer look at your set up in the Mach Ports and Pins window and verfiy that no two pins numbers are selected for different applications...

I'm not sure if this advice was what you were seeking if not reply.

Eoin

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 06:30:53 AM »
Assign as you wish. I would recommend that a user make a list of their available pins based on port, inputs, outputs and what they are used for.
 This way you know what has been used and what is still available.

RICH
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 07:42:08 AM »
Back to that C32 board, the vendor told me something about jumpers on there for teh different axis.  he wasn't too clear as to when I have to take them off or on and when do I have to make what change?  I have not yet configured my drivers, am awaiting more capacitors.  Basically these are Dugong DG2S16035 drivers.