Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:48:31 AM

Author Topic: Smooth Stepper just stops communicating with Mach3  (Read 20083 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Smooth Stepper just stops communicating with Mach3
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 06:47:36 PM »
Eoin,

Please don't say that about your self, each and every single one of use that "Are Technical", only got that way by doing JUST what your doing.
Asking questions, and keep experimenting and learning. It is the ONLY way, you will pick this stuff up, is by fooling with it......  A LOT!

As I said in my upper post, as far as Practical real World users/OEMs of SS, Jeff is hands down, "DA MAN!"
Get out your shovel, and dig into his Brain as much as you can.......  :)

Scott
fun times
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 07:12:39 AM »
Aw shucks encouragement ;D...and yup I’ll keep asking… this CNC world is fascinating….if you can draw it you can machine it, simple as that...!

Cheers Scott.
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 03:04:57 PM »
Had a similar popup myself, I'll save ya the replay of hours and hours of chasing the issue, but mine turned out to be a faulty usb thumb drive that would lose connection and when the OS went to reacquire it would take too long and bomb out. I wasn't running the file from the thumb drive, just left it sitting in there after I moved the file off. Use another one or make sure to remove it and all was fine...gee I sure miss that beautiful piece of maple burl I was milling when it first happened...:(

Virus scanners kicking on will cause the same thing...
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 01:31:02 PM »
I just came inside to research a similar problem...have the smoothstepper running flawlessly but halfway thru get these "ran out of data" errors.  Saw the note about thumb drives....DOH!   move the nc file to the hard drive first, and now no problems.  Make note people :-)
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 06:16:54 PM »
had the same problem and did the usb grounding modification to the board as described by hood in an earlier topic.