Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:14:35 AM

Author Topic: homing and limit issues  (Read 2884 times)

homing and limit issues
« on: December 12, 2011, 05:52:46 PM »
I just finished building a plasma table, but need a bit of help with homing and limit switches.
here's a basic description of my setup;
My table is 50" by 50" square. the x and z axis uses one stepper motor each, but the y axis has 2 motors to drive the gantry.
I have home switches for the x and y axis (home is located at the upper left of my table), and the z home switch is located on the floating head.
I also have limit switches for the x and y , but the z axis has 2 (upper and lower). In theory, the lower limit will never be tripped because it trips when the torch is below the work table height.( I feel safer having it). ;D

Here's where I get stumped !!
When I reference "x", it works perfectly by going to the left and returns a bit when it hits the home switch, but when I reference "y", only one motor stops and returns a bit like it supposed to. The other motor just keeps going !! :(
How do I make both motors stop and return  together?

Thanks, Dan
Re: homing and limit issues
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 06:03:09 PM »
Do you have this checked in Gen Config ?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 06:20:37 PM »
That was it !! For the life of me I couldn't find the fix in the manual. I was afraid to try anything for fear of bending my gantry.
Thanks so much !!
Dan
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 06:16:24 AM »
 :)
I typically check the INDEX of the manual first. Everything is not there, but most is.
Regards,
Russ