Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:32:48 AM

Author Topic: Nesting troubles  (Read 5935 times)

Re: Nesting troubles
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 08:51:51 AM »
Sargon,

I too would like to see and try what you have done with a nesting routine.  I have work coming up which will require nesting up to 16 pieces at a time.  One by one would take forever...
Regards,
Leland
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 07:52:05 AM »
Yes, one by one is very tedious. We cut up to 100+ parts at a time on our router. Takes a little while for Mach3 to read through the code for every copy when it's verifying the code, but it does work incredible well and saves us hours upon hours of time. I'll see if I can find an alternative method that bypasses this, but I won't spend much time on that - may not be possible anyway. I started with Olivier's code, but then rewrote it. I will work on removing the couple of bugs I've noticed and give it a once over before releasing it.

It may not be ready until the end of the year - work is pretty swamped right now with products that must ship by end of year, but I have 10 days off between Christmas and New Years, so worst case scenario I can do it then.

If there's a specific need before that let me know and I can email a copy as-is, but I'm not releasing it until I've looked at it again.
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 07:57:58 AM »
Sargon,

Thank you very much,  I'm in no hurry.  What ever you could do would be very much appreciated. 
Regards,
Leland