Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:03:19 AM

Author Topic: Limit/Home Switch setup question  (Read 5947 times)

Limit/Home Switch setup question
« on: November 21, 2011, 01:50:37 AM »
Been trying to setup my limit switches but to no avail. I finally got my machine to respond and got the servos running but now comes challenge number 2....
So, I go through ports and pins to inputs and then try to do auto detect. I tried pins 10,11,12,13 and then press on the switch but nothing. I then reverse the wires go through the same steps and same result... I am using a chinese TB-6550 board and according to the manuals I am wiring it right.
So, what I am missing?  Do I have set anything else up in MAch3?

Thanks in advance!!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Limit/Home Switch setup question
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 02:33:48 AM »
So what was the problem that prevented your motors from running please ??  http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,20078.0.html
Servo's or Stepper's ??
Also it would be most helpful, for others that follow, if you could post the solution that you found in the earlier thread.

Thanks,

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 03:24:59 PM »
So what was the problem that prevented your motors from running please ??  http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,20078.0.html
Servo's or Stepper's ??
Also it would be most helpful, for others that follow, if you could post the solution that you found in the earlier thread.

Thanks,

Tweakie.

Thanks Tweakie! Posted!

Any tips on this problem with limit switches?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 05:01:06 PM »
What kind of switches do you have (Normally Open, Normally Closed) How do you have them wired?
Can you also attach your xml.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 05:39:25 PM »
I have them Normally Closed. The NC wire going to the input on the board and the other wire going to ground.
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 05:51:18 PM »
which pin is it going to?  If you touch the pin # wire to the ground bypassing the switch altogether do you get a response?
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 07:08:30 PM »
which pin is it going to?  If you touch the pin # wire to the ground bypassing the switch altogether do you get a response?

No response at all...
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 02:09:39 AM »
I made some progress today. I set pin 10 to Y Home Switch using the normally closed option on the switch. it only works after I disconnect the ground and touch it to the ground again. But then the switch is on. I keep changing the settings around on MAch3 but getting confused is what I'm getting!
Does anyone know how to set the options in Mach3 to use "normally closed" on the switch?

Thanks
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 10:22:35 AM »
work with pins 11, 12, 13 and 15
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 10:24:57 AM »
start by using the HOME switch setting, this way you can visually see them on the mach 3 screen.  Wire them up......  If the switch it wired up and the home led comes on for that axis without pressing the switch, then change the active low setting for that switch.  Led should light up when the switch is triggered.

Home and limit switches can all be on the same pin number