Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:04:57 AM

Author Topic: Windows 7 issues  (Read 8606 times)

Windows 7 issues
« on: November 11, 2011, 12:56:09 PM »
I'm trying to get Mach 3 up and running on a windows 7 home 32 bit machine. When I run the drivertest, I get a burst of pulses, then nothing. pulse rate shows zero, message "pulsing too fast". I've tried both drivers, and done the vista memory registry key. I've tried all three parallel port configurations in BIOS (SPP,EPP,ECP). Not sure what I am missing. Anybody else out there see this?

Also the PC is a brand new homebuilt with a fresh install of windows. its a 2.4ghz dual core with 2 gig of ram.

Offline jevs

•  315 315
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 7 issues
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 12:15:55 AM »
This is the same thing I get, did you ever find a solution?

Offline jevs

•  315 315
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 12:16:47 AM »
I messed with this for about 5 hours again tonight with it connected to the machine. It just won't communicate. It is like the pulse stream or communication works for a second then dies. It appears to do the same thing if you just run Mach3 also. I tried all kind of different things in the bios, disabling all unnecessary devices in the hardware settings. I tried setting the printer ports to support legacy PnP, and all the different options for use of interrupts. I tried using msconfig and shutting everything off and rebooted. So far nothing stops this from happening that I can figure out.

I tried the special driver in Mach3 and that did nothing, so I set it back. I tried reloading the mach3 driver. No luck. This is a huge dump of valuable time :(

See video here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS4KVnOhBw4&feature=youtu.be

Offline jevs

•  315 315
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 11:40:53 PM »
I pulled the wireless network card and got the same results. I spent a bunch more time tonight trying various things and finally gave up. I don't think there was anything else to try. Mach support helped me and they had no further ideas either. They said it was the worst drivertest they ever saw LOL. 

I replaced the 32 bit Win7 with 64 Bit Win7 and have everything re-loaded and ready for a smoothstepper. I am just waiting for a paypal invoice for a smoothstepper. Hope this works....

Offline jevs

•  315 315
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 09:59:55 AM »
Solution to Mach driver problems = Ethernet Smoothstepper :)

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,23646.0.html

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 01:44:32 PM »
 :)

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 11:25:19 PM »
Solution to Mach driver problems = Ethernet Smoothstepper :)

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,23646.0.html

Problem with SS is that it does not support all the functionality in Mach.  From what I have read until recently it did not support backlash and I thought I read somewhere it does not support offsets.  They used to have a listing of functionality not supported on their web site.  Going forward if Mach does add functionality there is no assurance that it will be supported.  

I guess I don't understand why Mach cannot resolve the Win7 issues.  At some point in the not to distant future XP is going to be unsupported by MS.

Offline jevs

•  315 315
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 01:28:21 AM »
Also parallel ports are a thing of the past and most motherboards are starting to come with no PCI slots, so then you have to buy an expensive PCI-E Card and the computer store doesn't even stock a 2 port one. You might find it on the internet, but still, the parallel port is dying and so is XP.

I was not aware there were features it would not do? There is not much of a manual. I have an ESS window for some sort of backlash compensation acceleration.....

Anyone have a list of what the most current ESS cannot do?