Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:57:41 AM

Author Topic: freezing  (Read 6380 times)

freezing
« on: November 10, 2011, 12:14:01 PM »
hi there,

i run mach3 on windows7 32bit. had problems with freezing computer. i am not absolutly sure yet but the freezing problem might come from the flash screen i designed. at the moment i run a clean mach3 install with the standard non-flash-screen and for hours the machine was working without a problem.

i do test the machine this way for one or two days more but in case it turns out that my flash screen causes the problem - has anyone an idea on how to solve the problem?

strange also is, that since i did clean install mach3, when i load my flash screen and then use one of the wizards (circular pocket,..) and then go back to the main screen of mach3 somehow parts of the non-flash-standard screenset and my flash-screenset are mixed up.

you lovely people out there help!

andrewm

Re: freezing
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 12:25:10 PM »
The freezing can be coming from the old flash plugin. The error was fixed(The old .dll was cuasing the buffer to not clear until it essentially overloaded mach3) and the new .dll is on the plugins page, as well as the development version download.

Give it a try and see if it fixes the freezing issue.
Re: freezing
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 10:10:04 PM »
What is the difference from a flash screen and a regular one?  I have had problems with mach freezing, and have tried a bunch of stuff and i still get random lockups.  Usually it occurs when it is sitting idle, with or without the cnc controls powered up.  Thinking this might be worth looking at?