Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:02:25 AM

Author Topic: Ultimate Screen Issue  (Read 5742 times)

Offline ACP

•  9 9
    • View Profile
Ultimate Screen Issue
« on: October 26, 2014, 12:22:55 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Before anything I should say that I am new to cnc and new to Mach3. I have recently acquired an older retrofitted knee mill which I plan to use to make some motorcycle parts as I build bikes for a living. I have been messing around for a few days now reading books and doing tutorials etc. I plan on using solidworks and solidcam  to do most of the heavy work in the future. That is more or less the background I can give.

Here is my problem. I am running Mach3 2.0 and in addition I am using the Ultimate Screen V3.06. I have decided to do some simple test runs with the mill using the conversational programming portion of the screen. I am have tried several very simple wizards to create some g-code (which I am still learning). After all the parameters have been defined I run the verify option and all seems ok. After I hit post code and exit back to control screen, the screen gets stuck on "Processing... Please Wait". You have to hit the visual reset button to get back to the control screen at which point if I try to press start cycle or stop i just get an error message saying script not found. I can reload the code but it make no difference and there are no error messages at the bottom of the control screen. Am I doing doing something wrong here?

I hope this is the correct section to post this in by the way.

I would really appreciate some help with this. Thanks.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Ultimate Screen Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 09:22:13 AM »
You'd probably be better off asking the sellers of the Ultimate screen. I don't hear of a lot of people using it.

Sounds like it might be some Flash compatibility issue.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Screen Issue
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 05:30:22 AM »
2 Possibilities:

1). on your computer that you are running, make SURE you are only running "Flash Player 8", if you running a newer flash player, then.......... you WILL have issues...

2). I suspect you may need the new(er) flash plugin that was updated to run that screen set,
further (less chance of this being correct, as #1 is usually the culprit).
Slim chance it could be combo of 1&2...

Get a hold of "Andrew" at Mach Motion, he deals with implementing those screens for customers that buy it from them.

Scott
fun times