Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 09:08:43 PM

Author Topic: Noobie here, thanks in advance for the nice RTFM  (Read 12755 times)

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: Noobie here, thanks in advance for the nice RTFM
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 04:01:31 PM »

Where is the official manual? http://www.machsupport.com/docs/LazyCam_Post_Docs.zip doesn't work.

Just wanted to chime in and say the link is working correctly in IE8
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 05:42:02 PM »
Gary,
Lazycam is Artsoft's software and not mine. I wrote the manual for LazyCam since there was no documentation available at all other than the a video and what was posted
in the thread.The manual wasn't just written but rather developed by "hacking" away at the software in every concievable way to find out what it did and didn't do.
Lazycam was purchased as a replacement DXF importer for use along with Mach3  for importing simple drawings and providing gcode and was never intended to compete
with other software similar to it. It remains in "Beta" and no additioinal development will be done. There is no documantation on the programing for Lazycam . LazyTurn is a replacement for the lathe module in LazyCam since that module was never completely functional ( in particular the tools for the module are not complete ) but it will generate gcode for turning.

Lazycam is a DXF importer to gcode converter. How it works and the proper approach to using it  can be found in the manual. Here is the link to the manual which you can download:
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,12078.msg77415.html#msg77415

I will say again that any user of any cnc software who is lacking fundamental knowledge of machining should invest some time and effort on fundamentals.
There are no shortcuts. If you take the time to look at the manual you will know how to use LC and probably pick up some experience. Not looking at  the manual
and using it is like having never driven before and you turn the car key and decide to take a ride to the store.

I don't know what you recieved as a package from whoever and I can only provide some support for the LC downloadable from this site and the manual info which I wrote.
That my friend is a free gift to all users, if you like it fine, if you hate it that's fine also.

RICH
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 06:02:27 PM »
Once again, a fine job done on the doc. Rich.

The following cannot be stressed enough.
So I embellished it a bit. :)

There are no shortcuts. If you take the time to look at the manual you will know how to use LC and probably pick up some experience. Not looking at  the manual
and using it is like having never driven a HELICOPTER before and you turn the key and decide to take a ride to the store during a THUNDERSTORM wearing a BLINDFOLD.

:)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 06:18:02 PM »
You forgot to add the part about having had few for the road...... >:D
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 08:10:19 PM »
Once again, a fine job done on the doc. Rich.

The following cannot be stressed enough.
So I embellished it a bit. :)

There are no shortcuts. If you take the time to look at the manual you will know how to use LC and probably pick up some experience. Not looking at  the manual
and using it is like having never driven a HELICOPTER before and you turn the key and decide to take a ride to the store during a THUNDERSTORM wearing a BLINDFOLD.

You act like you never did that before either. We've all been there.
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 08:31:30 PM »
Well balls on a rubber chicken.

I found the Manual. Its buried under the 1/3 point font links of example dxf files.   And its looks very concise and well illustrated. (guys like me need pictures, so thank you for your contribution!).

Being a dyslexic I have some cool savant qualities.  It takes me all day to read a paragraph to where I understand it but if given a chance to visualize something, my brain OWNS it.    Thats why I got into programming AND specializing in user interfaces.   If they would only let me reprogram the traffic lights in my town. Stuff would get DONE *S*

So how do we get LazyCam to go GNU?  Open source?  Someone send me the source and I'll group the menus in an intuitive way.  I'll excerpt your manual (with your written permission)  into an on-board help system.  The world needs this.   Hobbyists are coming online EVERY day.  I'm one of them.

This software apparently does EVERYTHING it needs to do... whats missing?   (obviously it should stream ********* from Swedish television stations, but thats a feature one would probably have to pay for)....

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 05:50:26 AM »
So how do we get LazyCam to go GNU?  Open source?
Doubt that will happen but you can always ask Artsoft.

whats missing?
The bugs I was aware of are noted on page 22 of the manual for Mill and Turn module.
In regards to the other modules .......... the user is on their owne.

NOTED IN THE DOWNLOADS SECTION:
Due to the availability of other, more mature, low cost CAM packages, LazyCam development has ceased and it will remain
 in permanent Beta status. LazyCam is not intended - and not supported - for use in a production environment.

RICH

« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 05:52:22 AM by RICH »