Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:15:19 PM

Author Topic: problem whit mach3 and gcode  (Read 2792 times)

problem whit mach3 and gcode
« on: October 31, 2011, 06:22:45 PM »
Hi, I'm an Italian boy, struggling with his first CNC.
A friend passed me a version of Mach3 to try it, I tried the first version of linux emc but too difficult to understand and set.
But I had problems with with gcode Mach3.
I installed the Mach3 R3.042.040 Artsoft. Genero Artcam files (I tried different types of export art cam but the result is not changed.) In practice, if I check my gcode with a notepad is ok (eg 600 lines of code), including controls at the end of the cycle.
The problem is that when I load the gcode in the same gcode Mach3 is not seen in the code window and if I send the machine in the works, it works for some past then stops as if the code is broken.
In fact I see in the gcode in the left window of the main screen of Mach3 does not end at the end with the classic controls spindle stop and return to home as I took in the gcode, but ends in any position of the code.
Then skim the gcode if I see that it is incomplete.
I tried this on two different computers, I also tried to download a version from the internet "not exactly legal" but only for testing, I want to be sure you buy a working product. The machine is a machine that I use intel cor 2 duo with 2gb of ram, and then recently I do not think that is attributable to the machine itself.
Can anyone help me?. If I get guaranteed support and operation of the software are also ready to buy immediately.

Thanks

Gionata
Re: problem whit mach3 and gcode
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 02:33:25 AM »
The version that you tested is probably a test version (free of charge) that only runs a small number of lines (I believe 100 lines). If you like the software pay for it and you can  run all the lines you want.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 03:00:25 AM »
Demo version of Mill is 500 lines limit (Turn 100)

Hood

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 04:24:56 AM »
If I get guaranteed support and operation of the software are also ready to buy immediately.

Hi Gionata,

The support for Mach and the speedy resolution of any problems you may encounter is second to none and the size and popularity of this forum (as well as on the Zone) is testament to that.
There are some, very basic, demo GCodes here http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,18345.0.html which are within the 500 line limit and intended for Mach evaluation just to get a feel of how it performs with any particular machine.

Tweakie.
PEACE