Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:26:44 PM

Author Topic: How to get the onscreen MPG to stay up?  (Read 12213 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: How to get the onscreen MPG to stay up?
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 07:39:26 PM »
Hood has the right idea(;-) I do that trick on screens where i NEED it to update teh toolpath when I change screen Pages.

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 07:41:18 PM by BR549 »
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 07:42:19 PM »
SH00T Hood ... I knew that.  ::) :P :-[ >:D
Dooohhh ..  :)
Thanks Ol Buddy,
Russ

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 07:56:13 PM »
VERY easy Mark,
 Open the Program Run button in Screen4, change it to Script, Then under OPERATOR click Edit Button Script, click on the flashing Prgrm Run button and put this in then save.

DoOEMButton 1
Sleep 100
DoOEMButton 323 

Works a treat. I like it, thanks for the suggestion.
Thanks TP,
Russ
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 09:23:34 PM »
Awesome, I'll try it first thing in the am.

Mark

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2011, 10:09:23 PM »
The jog "pendant" is a separate page of the screenset, and you can't display two pages at the same time.

There is a further annoyance that it doesn't remember the size/place it was set to and so you have to re-size it to fit the space or else it overlaps the other graphics.

Start Mach3, hit tab. Drag the pendant where you want it, and hit tab again. Then hit tab again, and again, drag it where you want. Tab again to close it, and close and restart Mach3. It will now remember where you want it. Little Mach3 quirk. :)
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 02:15:15 PM »
VERY easy Mark,
 Open the Program Run button in Screen4, change it to Script, Then under OPERATOR click Edit Button Script, click on the flashing Prgrm Run button and put this in then save.

DoOEMButton 1
Sleep 100
DoOEMButton 323 

Excuse the Newbie factor, I tried to do this but I mistakenly thought it was done directly in the Mach3 program. Then I figured out Screen4 is a program and managed to download and open it, but I'm running into dangerous territory as I can open the screenset but don't know how to "Open the Program Run button in Screen4, change it to Script,"

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 02:36:53 PM »
Press Ctrl and double click it then you will see this (pic below), click the VB script........ then press OK. Next go to file and save as then choose a name you want. Next atart o Mach, View menu and LoadScreen and choose the renamed screen. Lastly go to Config Menu then Edit Button Scripts and it should flash, click on it and in the box that pops up place the script that Russ mentioned. Save and close and it should work.

Hood
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 03:23:40 PM »
Thanks Hood, I tried it but the pendant still goes away in between screens. I double checked to see that the code is there and everything seems fine just it doesn't work.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 03:25:56 PM »
If you want the pendant on all screens you will have to do all the screen buttons (MDI, Toolpath ect).
Hood
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2011, 04:14:11 PM »
Yes!! Thanks guys for all the help, I finally got it to work. The screen blinks a bit during transition but the pendant stays up so that's the main thing.

Cheers,

Mark