Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:32:46 PM

Author Topic: NEW!! Drill Wizard  (Read 36122 times)

Re: NEW!! Drill Wizard
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2012, 07:39:30 AM »
EDIT!
OK, I have fixed the screen size and the ZeroX button label, new version on reply 1 above.

Thanks Ron
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2012, 09:05:12 AM »
I have now fixed the wizard to remove use of the #Expand so it will run with older version of Mach.

See topic #1 for the zip file.

Offline Chief

•  16 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2012, 01:50:19 PM »
Hi Guys,

I just dwnlded the drill wizard and I have an issue, hopfully you can straighten me out.

First, just to make sure I loaded it correctly, Drillwiz shows up as a wizard under the wizard button, not under the new fangled button, is this correct?

I am running a Tormach 1100 using Mach3 version R3.042.029.

I am unable to control the spindle RPM, when I type a number into the RPM box under the spindle & coolant buttons, I can type it in, but as soon as I hit enter the number goes to zero.  When I select M3 or M4 the spindle starts, but runs at the slowest possible speed?

I'm attaching a screenshot in case it might help.

Regards
Terry May

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2012, 03:50:08 PM »
I thought I had fixed that. The DRO is the one that shows actual RPM, not the one to set it. For now just set the RPM in the main screen before you call the wizard.

You are seeing it correctly, the wizard just shows up in the list of all wizards, it should show the Author as Newfangled. The main screen button only starts the Nfs Mill addons.

Offline Chief

•  16 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2012, 05:31:50 PM »
Thanks Ron, that works fine.  I was mostly interested to find out if I was screwing it up somehow.

Terry
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2012, 01:33:57 AM »
Hi Ron
I just installed the wizard the other day ,I have the same spindle speed problem as Terry, I just use manual on the Tormach, Also how do you use Metric units with the wizard?
In the video you popped up the editor window, how do you do this? Can I record a file and save it, and then just run it in the Mach 3 window?
Or can I record it and replay it in the wizard window? A few questions I know but the only way to learn is to ask them!
Thanks
Will
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2012, 08:19:58 AM »
Also how do you use Metric units with the wizard?

I have not tried, but if you enter a G21 in mDI before starting the wizard, then simply entering your metric values should work.

In the video you popped up the editor window, how do you do this?

Do oyu mean the keyboard popup? Thats called AutoCalculator. Click on the Operator Menu then click AutoCalculator. It will stay work until you click again to turn it off. Then simply a click in any DRO and the keypad pops up. I love it at my desk because I can do all entries without letting go of the mouse.

Can I record a file and save it, and then just run it in the Mach 3 window?

Yes, thats exactly the idea of the record function. The saved file is simply Gcode, it does not need the wizard to run.

No problem asking questions, thats why the forum is here.
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2012, 04:34:29 PM »
One more question Ron, where do I find the saved file? I saved a file the other day and can't find it again.
Will
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2012, 08:31:18 PM »
Files are saved to the standard gcode folder- c:\Mach3\Gcode
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2013, 05:29:08 AM »
Just got a chance to have a go at it today , so on the Tormach is that C:\pcnc3\gcode?
Will