Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 12:04:04 PM

Author Topic: estop blues.  (Read 4154 times)

estop blues.
« on: December 17, 2006, 03:09:19 PM »
I have a new one. for some reason when I run a program or if Im just jogging around. the controller will go into a estop. Im not tripping any switches and as far as I can tell my drivers arn't faulting out or anything. so where do I start. to look for the problem. Im just running a program right now that rapids away from and back to a single point about 50 times so that I can see if Im losing any steps and so far my machine has never lost its position. just in the middle of the program or I should say after about forty reps in the middle of a rapid it will just estop.  Ive watched the diagnostic screen to see if maybe the EMI problem Ive been having is flashing one of the limits but none of the lights has ever popped on and ive watched my drivers to see if the fault light comes on and niether seems to be the case. so what now oh wise public.
thanks again
chris ???

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: estop blues.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 04:46:08 PM »
What version are you running? What is your debounce set at?
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 06:05:32 PM »
yeah the debounce fixed it. but now Im pretty sure I got a bad encoder...
thats life. I guess.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 06:13:14 PM »
What's wrong with your encoder?

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 07:54:17 PM »
well Ive set up a test program to jog away from a point on a given axis and back like 50 times or so. y axis and z axis work perfectly. Ive tuned all my motors  and when I run the x axis after about 2 moves the driver will fault out the axis will loose its location and then the controller will proceed to try and crash my dial indicator into the block i have clamped to the table to indicate against. even at the slowest speeds. I took the encoder cover off and the disk looks like its been rubbing against the sensor block. its got a real light scuff on it. dont know if that would cause an error or not but it seems like a reasonable assumption that, that may be my problem. I guess i didnt space it properly.
 :P

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 08:12:26 PM »
Sounds like you are headed in the right direction to me. Hope you get it sorted.