Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 10:01:45 PM

Author Topic: Interesting problems.  (Read 3641 times)

Interesting problems.
« on: December 17, 2006, 08:58:45 PM »
I machined this clip today and I had all kinds of trouble.  I had issues with radius' not being aligned although I could find anything wrong.  I had an error that the comp was too complex, that was a new one I had to shut down Mach3 and restart.  I had the program stop mid way and display an error about not allowing jogging or incrementing??? I have no idea what that meant.  I had to shut down at least 5 times before I could get this done.  At one point I wanted to zero the x-y before shutting down and every time I typed in g0 x0 both x and y axis would move!  I could not get the x and y axis to zero using the MDI command line I had to jog to as close as I could get and zero the axis.

What a day.  Anyhow here is a photo of it completed and the gcode.  I used a .093" square endmill and v1.90.081

« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 09:05:21 PM by dfurlano »
Re: Interesting problems.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 09:36:26 PM »
Hello Dfurlano,

Looks like it was worth it - nice. :)

I used to have (maybe) similar problems. My advice is to bite the bullet and upgrade to Vn2.0.25 or 26. It really is very good and extremely stable. (Back up your mill.xml first and you may find your x and y motor settings need to be reversed for some reason.)

Your file loaded fine into this version on my PC with "inc" arc settings.

Good luck.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 09:43:33 PM »
I tried 2.xx and had problems with the a axis going out of control.  So I reverted to 1.9.

Thanks.

Dan.
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 10:38:52 PM »
The problem with the A axis should not be there in the latest rev.. if you find that it still is please mail me off list with your XML and small section of code that is giving you trouble.

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 10:46:36 PM »
I'll try the latest over the next few days.  I have to get a few pieces done asap.

Thanks.

Dan.