Hello Guest it is April 28, 2024, 01:08:00 PM

Author Topic: first run with mach3  (Read 9941 times)

first run with mach3
« on: September 22, 2011, 12:18:08 AM »
dear seniors ,help me.

I start to install mach program for my diy cnc mill . there are every thing can run at the demo mode  at my pc (mean =can run the program sither with MDI mode ,the dro /axis can move ),

I connect my pc to my break out bord and stepper driver. but there are not running .

I check at driver test at my computer ,there is ok.(24850-25... pulse per second)

I check out put volt at break board ,there is only 0.8 v on mach tutorial this should 5 v.

on mach tutorial .on engine configuration port & pin  ,motor outputs .there is X axis =pin 2 ,dir pin =3
                                                                                                            y axis =      4,          =5
                                                                                                            z       =     6             = 7

but at my pc there is  x=2 ,y =3 z=4 dit x=6,y=7,z=8 .

how to check the output pin number  correct ?

what 'll I do for the begining with mach ?

pls advise.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,200 9,200
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: first run with mach3
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 03:57:38 AM »
Hi Asen,

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have any details of your controller as that determines which pins are used for the step and direction of each axis. ??

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 12:38:36 AM »
Hi Asen,

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have any details of your controller as that determines which pins are used for the step and direction of each axis. ??

Tweakie.

dear tweakie

I 'm newbie  ,

how to send PDF  ?

thank you

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,200 9,200
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 02:19:38 AM »
Hi Asen,

In your reply, click "Additional Options" then "Choose File" and then select your pdf document.
Hope this helps.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 02:29:31 AM »
dear twiekie

here is I attach the file which I bought the cnc control  packet from ebay.the from china .

pls advise, how to measure the out put voltage from the pc paralel pin ?

thank you

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,200 9,200
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 02:54:49 AM »
Hi Asen,

It appears that the;
X Axis step is pin 2 and direction is pin 3
Y Axis step is pin 4 and direction is pin 5
Z Axis step is pin 6 and direction is pin 7
And this is the way they sholuld be configured within Mach Ports and Pins / Motor Outputs.

With a multimeter, you will only be able to measure the voltage on the PC Parallel port Direction pins - so connecting the meter between pin 3 and GND (pins 18 to 25) jogging the X Axis in one direction should produce approx 0 volts and in the other direction approx 5 volts on the meter display.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 03:13:03 AM »
dear tweakie

I already check with multimeter, there is no 5 volt at the 5v conector at breakboard .just 0,8 volt( use note book) and 1,2 v (use desktop)

the dir conector (P3,P5,P7 ) just  0 in one dir and 0,8 V in another dir   when I measure with multimeter,
the step conector(P2,P4,P6) I try measure with digital multimeter in Hz =still 0 when I move the Axis.

can I measure the 25 pin at the pc paraller port without conect to the breakboard? is the same pin no ?. like dir no is no 3,5,7  ?should be 5 V.

how to solve if the output from the pc not 5 V?is it need set some thing at my pc to have 5V  ?

pls advise.
thank you

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,200 9,200
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 03:33:33 AM »
Hi Asen,

Sorry, I didn't make it clear but my earlier post related to measuring the voltage at the 25 pin PC Parallel port (or input to the Breakout board), not the breakout board output side.

I would need more details on your breakout board but;

1) Some breakout boards will operate with the 3.3 volt TTL standard inputs whilst others still require the older 5 volt TTL standard for reliable operation. Measure the Direction pin outputs at your PC to find out which voltage standard you have.

2) From your diagram it would suggest that your breakout board requires it's own 5 volt supply but this is not shown in the diagram for some reason. This could well be the root cause of your problems.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 04:03:39 AM »
dear tweakie

thank you for yr kind explanation ,

what 'll I do ,if no 5 V on the pc parallel port pin pin no 3,5,7 when I move the Axis ?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,200 9,200
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 05:13:28 AM »
what 'll I do ,if no 5 V on the pc parallel port pin pin no 3,5,7 when I move the Axis ?

Then you need to check your Mach configuration carefully and also check that you have the correct address set for your parallel port and that it is enabled within your computer BIOS settings etc. - Lets hope you have 5 volts between say pins 3 and 25.  ;)

Tweakie.

(This document refers to setting up far better than I could ever explain it  http://www.machsupport.com/docs/Mach3Mill_Install_Config.pdf )
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 05:17:06 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE