Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:35:49 PM

Author Topic: hopefully getting this worked out  (Read 18749 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: hopefully getting this worked out
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2011, 07:16:40 AM »
I wonder how many on this thread actually bought $16K CAM software to run their $150 CNC.

The above implies it's ok to use a pirated copy of Mach because of a cost. It is the equivilant of buying a machine and then stealing your tooling. So a user spends a few grand on machinery to use cnc but spends nothing to run it or the equivilant of buying a PC and using a hacked copy of windows.

At work one is not allowed to install any software without proof of license and if found to have cracked  software on their PC they are fired
without question.

How sad it is that someone uses a cracked copy of Mach, would come on this forum to steal and personaly insult other members,
and then justifies their behavior for acceptance.

RICH

brmachineshop

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2011, 07:24:38 AM »
I did not steal mach.  Doug bought the license with Mach knowing they would be transferred in the sale of retrofitted machines. The machines were not retro'd but the license was included in the sale of the hardware to me from Doug.  And I believe the comment doug made implied that over half the users of mach are using pirated versions so its not uncommon that the router I bought had it. And the Cam comment implied that a large percentage of problems people have had with mach has been from very expensive software that those individuals must have hack versions of or otherwise they wouldn't be running $150 software with it.   

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2011, 07:44:34 AM »
And I believe the comment doug made implied that over half the users of mach are using pirated versions so its not uncommon that the router I bought had it. And the Cam comment implied that a large percentage of problems people have had with mach has been from very expensive software that those individuals must have hack versions of or otherwise they wouldn't be running $150 software with it.   

No that's not what was said.

What was said was:-

I wonder how many on this thread actually bought $16K CAM software to run their $150 CNC.

Now I am sure it was not intended as an insult but it certainly does nothing to complement those who have contributed to this thread or indeed any of the members of this forum.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2011, 10:42:43 AM »
I just don't get this Brad - If you're as up-front as you keep protesting why the two usernames here on the forum?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 10:52:27 AM by stirling »

brmachineshop

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2011, 11:02:51 AM »
Farmertwingolf is a personal email address and brmachineshop is one I created when I started trying to get a side business started. What difference does THAT make? Are you people just looking for crap to complain about???????? When the licensing department or Art come back and say the transfer was legit, what else will there be to complain about?
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2011, 11:48:14 AM »
Man!  I'm sitting her reading this thread and wondering what has gotten into everyone?  This seems to me like a simple mis-understanding blown WAY out of proportion!  Brad seems to me like a stand-up guy that has, through no fault of his own, found himself in a peculiar situation, and everyone is treating him like public enemy number one!  I just don't get it.  This is usually such a friendly forum....

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

brmachineshop

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2011, 11:52:02 AM »
Thank you Ray.  I have almost decided to just save some money up for a dro and use it as a manual mill until I can get the cnc worked out. I don't know that I want to deal with this much longer

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2011, 12:17:38 PM »
Brad,
I thought you were going to deal with the license issue a few weeks ago.
Comming back to dinner with different clothes on dosen't change anything.
So what say you?

RICH

brmachineshop

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2011, 12:21:14 PM »
I believe I had said I was going to get a license in early october but doug saw my post on another forum and remembered that he had not sent the license to me from when I bought the hardware

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2011, 12:23:57 PM »
So have you contacted support about your license today (or yesterday?)?

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)